1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561197963394639 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Daxter, Dec 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daxter

Daxter New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:72522196
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561197963394639

Victim profile: 76561198105310120

What happened? Description:
    It all started with "Mugiwara" adding me talking about the fact that he had reported me with no intention while trying to report another player and was asking me for help so both of them wouldn't get banned. My first intention was to understand if one, he was using already programmed texts, which I assumed he was, and two, gather as much information as possible to understand the legitness of the situation.

He told me that we were linked by the csgo group, which I am only there for the giveaways so he randomly selected me, they were looking for the csgo items I presume, with some doubt he didn't manage to answer what the "admin" was from what platform. At this point, I knew they were scamming. Yet I decided to continue in order to find more evidence to actually report these guys and take their time from an inattentive user.

After some initial futile conversation, Sjru, once he understood that I was there for the scam, took no time to write the sentences he was making, making me suspect that from that point he started copy-pasting the already programmed text. He later shows me a print where he shows that he "is" a SteamRep Admin, and since I know SteamRep for a while I know that you can't cast a ban, and checking SteamRep showed me that both had been reported and banned.

After I confronted they remove me from their friend's list, both at the same time. I believe they are the same person while on different accounts since they would never answer at the same time or even simultaneously

I have decided to lock the report to the Sjru guy since Mugiwara was banned in SteamRep while Sjru was only banned in Backpack.tf, and the scam in this dimension I believe both should get punished with no doubt.​

Provide Evidence:
    All the evidence is shown in the screenshots.​

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      1.2 MB
      Views:
    • 2.png
      2.png
      File size:
      1.3 MB
      Views:
    • 3.png
      3.png
      File size:
      1.3 MB
      Views:
    • 4.png
      4.png
      File size:
      1.3 MB
      Views:
    • 5.png
      5.png
      File size:
      1.3 MB
      Views:
    • 6.png
      6.png
      File size:
      1.3 MB
      Views:
    • 1-1.png
      1-1.png
      File size:
      814.8 KB
      Views:
    • 1-2.png
      1-2.png
      File size:
      719.2 KB
      Views:
    • 1-3.png
      1-3.png
      File size:
      761.3 KB
      Views:
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    @Daxter
    This is NOT the first user you were involved with - That is who you should be reporting not this user.
    Who is that other user by ID64 or SR profile block ASAP!!
    This user you reported here is also already banned/tagged here just fyi- nothing more we can really do to them but we need to have the user that started the scam.
    You've left much out of this report and created it backwards so it will take some time to review.
  3. Daxter

Daxter New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:72522196
  4. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Accepting - yes that other user is already tagged twice here in fact. The Sjru user is also tagged here..although BPTF its still a tag thru the SR database.
    Should you run into any users tagged again just ignore them...nothing more we can do to them here.
    Check users out before you added them as friends to avoid the situations altogether.
    Also if someone adds you have them comment on profile as to why they are adding you - will help avoid situations like this again.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.