1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198261912737 - ([Steam] Trading Cards)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Mouhou (●—● ), Apr 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mouhou (●—● )

Mouhou (●—● ) New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52818905
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [Steam] Trading Cards

Accused profile: 76561198261912737

Victim profile: 76561198065903539

What happened? Description:
    The guy added me, said he wanted to buy my 100 Steam Trading Cards for his 10 USD (I told him that is too much, lowered it to 5 bucks and then at the end he said 3$ which I was fine with). He's profile level is 33, he showed a facebook group to show that he's "trustworthy" etc. At the end of the day I didn't care much and gave him a chance to prove whether he's trusted or not and looks like he wasn't. Well, the reason I'm making this report is because this individual seems rather young based on the chat I had with him so giving him a small lesson should suffice.​

Provide Evidence:
    View attachment 709134

Here's all of the chat I have; some of it managed to expire unfortunately. He's claiming that he has traded before therefore he's trustworthy and shows me a facebook trading group he belongs to and shows people saying he can be trusted. I don't even know if he's this Goga guy he's claiming to be.

View attachment 709135
    Here he's saying he has gotten 40$ scammed before and that's why he wouldn't do that to anyone else. He's also showing this guy's profile (I have his ID on my browser just in case) and saying he has traded with him.

View attachment 709136
    Here I'm asking him to show his paypal and that's what he came up with. We exchange our tradelinks because I thought he would want to choose the cards.

View attachment 709137

Here I keep thinking about whether to do it or not while he's hurrying me about how late it is and how busy he will be tomorrow. I sent him the trade offer and then he says his internet is slow and later he blocks me. View attachment 709138

The trade offer I sent him had 100 of my cards which is like 2 dollars. He accepts it.

View attachment 709139

This is me trying to prove his identity by clicking through the trade history. It sends me to his id profile, id/iamfasterboy.

The bottom one is me trying to prove the same thing but clicking through the chat conversation. It sends me to his numbered profile.

Yeah the scam seemed to be pretty obvious but it was two bucks so it was kinda like a test since he really wanted to convince me that he can be trusted. That's still inexcusable for me to just accept his scam just to see how this goes through. I can also show my paypal that I haven't received any money from anyone the past hours if needed.​

Attached Files:

2. Mouhou (●—● )

Mouhou (●—● ) New User

Steam:
    Looks like his profile is not private anymore. He was lvl 33 before and now lvl 37 but unfortunately I couldn't take screenshots earlier.
  3. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Please provide a full screen shot of your Trade Inventory History showing for sure the trade in question(NOT TRADE OFFER!!)- open this with a web browser, move your mouse over the users name in question so it shows up the hypertext popup URL at the bottom of the screen - take the screen shot DO NOT edit it in anyway and upload. Also need a screen shot of your Paypal ACTIVITY (not Summary) for several days beginning with the date before this trade..full screen DO NOT edit this shot in anyway. Upload HERE…NOT imgur, NOT gyazo or any other 3rd party hosting site!

Also please review this screenshot guide should you require assistance:

https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/screenshot-guide-requirements.157969/
  4. Mouhou (●—● )

Mouhou (●—● ) New User

Steam:
    Additional wanted information. Hopefully this is good enough.

Attached Files:

5. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.