1. SteamRep is shutting down at the end of 2024. See announcement.

Accepted Report: 76561198092114103 - ([None] No items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Rafff, Jul 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rafff

Rafff New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:54702662
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Other] Any other fraudulent behavior
    Virtual item type involved: [None] No items

Accused profile: 76561198092114103

Victim profile: 76561198069671053

What happened? Description:
    Some guy tried to trick me into thinking I am tagged as a scammer and tried to make me add a fake "valve authorized personnel". Nothing happened because I did not add the other guy but it is clearly a scam/fraud attempt.​

Provide Evidence:
    Ok so here is how this went:
    I've had this guy "Vaaso" on steam for quite a while now, I don't talk to him, I probably traded him once like years ago or something and he messaged me outta nowehere today.
    Basically he said I am tagged as a "possible scammer/fraud item holder" (and even sent me a fake screenshot of my profile) and told me he messaged steam about it to help me get rid of the tag, he sent screenshots of fake steam support tickets telling me to add this "authorized steam personnel" to get my scammer tag removed. Obviusly some kind of fraud/scam attempt. I did not fall for it.
    At first I was like "wtf is he talking about? I just checked steam rep and everything was fine about my profile", but after that I tried to trick him into thinking I was worried about the situation, just to see what he was planning and I was right, he was attempting some kind of scam/fraud.
    Please check the screenshots.

View attachment 720309 View attachment 720310 View attachment 720311 View attachment 720312 View attachment 720313 View attachment 720314 View attachment 720315 View attachment 720316 View attachment 720317 View attachment 720318 View attachment 720319 View attachment 720320

Attached Files:

2. Rafff

Rafff New User

Steam:
    Here's one more screenshot showing the steam chat window + his profile
    scammer11.png
  3. Rafff

Rafff New User

Steam:
  4. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    @Rafff Since you've been friends with the accused - don't you think its a little odd out of the blue they did this?
    Common history for this type of attempt has shown that the user could have been hijacked or compromised.
    Do you have any other means of contacting them outside of steam? Did you report BOTH users to Valve yet? If not do so ASAP!

Attached Files:

5. Rafff

Rafff New User

Steam:
    I mean, I have this guy as a friend for quite some time but I never talk to him, you know? He's just been in my friends list because I probably traded with him and didn't delete after, I don't even know him, especially outside of steam.
    So yeah, I have no idea if he was hijacked or something.
    I will report their steam profile right now.
    Btw, some user just commented on a public screenshot of mine saying Vaaso also tried the same thing on them. (Screenshot)

Attached Files:

6. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    If an account is hijacked they will do this on as many accounts as possible before the account is recovered.
    I can only assume this is possible based on the limited history I can see.
    I'll leave the report a few days to see if Valve reacts to it.
  7. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.