1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198417836677 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by GhostFace 4, Jul 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GhostFace 4

GhostFace 4 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:189674207
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Item Fraud] Quick-switch trade scam or attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198417836677

Victim profile: 76561198339614142

What happened? Description:
    This guy added me because of an offer if put on the csgo lounge trading website. In the offer i asked for offfers for my Falchion Knife | Tiger Tooth (FN). The guy asked me if i want to trade my knife for for one of the knives he linked me (he sent me pictures and inspect linkes of the website bitskins). He claimed to be a reseller of the trading website bitskins.com who trades skins for the website. He told me the following: He would send the skin he would trade me for (a Flip Knife | Doppler (FN)) from the bitskins bot to me and i send my skin to him, in order to avoid the time gap of the 7 day item trade ban (due to price changes or something).
    He wanted me to send the offer of the knife to him and after i did so he would send the item of the bot to me. He sent me screenshots of a a ready offer from the bot to me with the knife. The picture showed an official steam tradewindow.
    As i was not trusting him, he shared his screen via discord and he could use the window so it was not just a picture.
    He told me i'd have to send the offer with my knife to him first and then he would send the trade offer from the bot to me. To convice me that he was not accepting the offer bevore i recieve the counter part of the trade, he shared his screen through discord (He told me i could cancel the trade if i see him trying to accept the offer to early). After i sent the trade he kept moving his mouse in circles and told me to refresh my offer page. While he was doing this I think he was accepting the offer with his phone or through another steam login on another pc. He went quiet and my offer suddenly was accepted by him after I had made a few refreshes. He did not send me the offer from the bot with the knife he wanted to trade for mine and left the call and blocked me.
    In rage i shut down my PC which i realy gregret now, because i missed the chance to take a screenshot of the steam chat. I can't open a chat with him (to view the chat history) now since he blocked me. If there is a way to recover the chat or to view the recieved screenshots I'd be glad to provide further evidence.​

Provide Evidence:
    View attachment 720675 Screenshot of the trade histoty of the completed trade with the accepted trade. He asked me (via voice chat) to put the name of the knife i was trading for in the text field of the trade so he could keep record of what he traded each day.
    View attachment 720677 Screenshot of my tradehistory with his profile linked.
    View attachment 720676 His profile after clicking on the link in the tradehisory.

I have a screenrecord video of the screensharing and the moment of the trade but i can't paste it in the evidence log because only screenshots are supported. I can send it via e-mail or else ([email protected]).​

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    I need to see the following @GhostFace 4
    Please provide a full screen shot of your Trade Inventory History (thru a computer not mobile) showing for sure the trade in question(NOT TRADE OFFER!!)- open this with a web browser, move your mouse over the users name in question so it shows up the hypertext popup URL at the bottom of the screen - take the screen shot DO NOT edit it in anyway and upload.

Attached Files:

3. GhostFace 4

GhostFace 4 New User

Steam:
    Like this?

Attached Files:

4. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Close looks like you cropped it - if on windows make sure task bar shows also and doesn't go hidden.
    As for lack of chat - that would have been super helpful but if you can provide the getfriendmessage logs and that full screenshot I asked to go along with what I provided I can proceed.
    https://help.steampowered.com/en/accountdata/GetFriendMessagesLog
    Remember though - typically we don't just review those chat logs as they are often not aligned properly to each response and it needs to go with something else which what I provided should be ok - make a note of what I provided and you can tell what I'm referring to.
  5. GhostFace 4

GhostFace 4 New User

Steam:
    i am sorry, i did not crop the picture. My taskbar is usually set to 'auto-hide'. The small black bar on top activates the task bar. If you move you cursor there, it shows up.
    I attached a new screenshot with the taskbar set to permanently acitve.

Attached Files:

6. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Ok can you follow that link I gave you and pull up what chat logs you had.. I'm highly curious as to what was said to see if it fits the bill with what I provided thus far.
  7. GhostFace 4

GhostFace 4 New User

Steam:
    The rest of the conversation was via discord voice. In discord chat the conversation is only about non relevant stuff

Attached Files:

8. GhostFace 4

GhostFace 4 New User

Steam:
    All the screenshots are taken with the (WIN-KEY)+(PRINT) feature. I will keep the taskbar set to on for all further sceenshots
  9. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Ok just as I figured they directed you to the information on their profile.
    I'll finish reviewing this soon thanks
  10. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.