1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198047079376 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by ☁ Emerald Schmidt ☁, Dec 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ☁ Emerald Schmidt ☁

☁ Emerald Schmidt ☁ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:97221682
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198047079376

Victim profile: 76561198154709092

What happened? Description:
    Was added by someone named ''the overmind''. This person (Or maybe a script bot, who knows), decided to tell me how he had reported the wrong person to a ''Steam admin'', and how i had to add this admin and ''verify the items in your inventory'', otherwise they would be lost with my account going into the aether, never coming back. I had serious suspicions about this person, because it was messages that seemed to have been copy pasted just straight up out of some document, which became very apparant to me later on in the discussion i had with this individual. This is of course not the first time that I have encountered this type of scam, but it has definetly had some worried, and unfortunately it works on some fragile people who are too afraid of losing their items.​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      233.2 KB
      Views:
    • 3.png
      3.png
      File size:
      198.5 KB
      Views:
    • 2.png
      2.png
      File size:
      304.8 KB
      Views:
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    This is NOT the first user you should be reporting - You basically reported the other user that was brought into the scam event. You must make sure from now on you report the FIRST user you were contacted by and who started the scam..you only need to reference any other accounts involved and describe HOW they were involved in the description by including the FULL SR profile block along with details of how they were involved.
    Also include any and all FULL screenshots you have as evidence.
    Please do not resubmit a new report - this one will do for now.

Also please confirm that you have reported BOTH users to Valve asap!

Attached Files:

3. ☁ Emerald Schmidt ☁

☁ Emerald Schmidt ☁ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:97221682
    Well, he linked the ''Steam Admin'' account to me in the chat itself, he owns both of these accounts. I don't want to risk getting scammed just to prove a point, dude.
  4. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    I need the other users info - and the likely hood of someone OWNING both accounts is prob not the case..both accounts were prob hijacked.
    I still need the other accounts info ASAP! The one you should have reported first.
  5. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
  6. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Accepting as is -- please do not submit reports here and abandon them.. doing so may result in you no longer being able to submit reports here.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.