1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198877318617 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by 용용죽겠지용, Jan 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 용용죽겠지용

용용죽겠지용 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41815243
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198877318617

Victim profile: 76561198043896215

What happened? Description:
    I got a friend request from him a while ago and accepted a couple of days ago. I thought since he was a higher level he would have some reputation and not be a scammer. We talked about exchanging an Unusual for 17 keys, after talking and settling to a decent price he prompted me that he was scammed 2 years ago and lost all of his items. He said that he had to be sure my items were not illegal and that we had to go through an "Item assurance" with a steam support member. By then i knew it was a complete scam, so i went on with it for some time and played along to gain evidence and report him and it was indeed a scam. He had another account which i suppose was the middleman? I didn't get his Id or his profile.. i was banned from the chat after posting a screenshot of our chat. He said that he would be taking both of our items and check to see if the history is clean and they are not illegal items, this can clearly be done with backpack.tf... not by a steam support member. I have some screenshots of the chat below.​

Provide Evidence:
    I got a friend request from him a while ago and accepted a couple of days ago. I thought since he was a higher level he would have some reputation and not be a scammer. We talked about exchanging an Unusual for 17 keys, after talking and settling to a decent price he prompted me that he was scammed 2 years ago and lost all of his items. He said that he had to be sure my items were not illegal and that we had to go through an "Item assurance" with a steam support member. By then i knew it was a complete scam, so i went on with it for some time and played along to gain evidence and report him and it was indeed a scam. He had another account which i suppose was the middleman? I didn't get his Id or his profile.. i was banned from the chat after posting a screenshot of our chat. He said that he would be taking both of our items and check to see if the history is clean and they are not illegal items, this can clearly be done with backpack.tf... not by a steam support member. I have some screenshots of the chat below.​

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Who was the other user? You failed to provide that information.
    Please provide the ID64 or SR profile block of the other user ASAP!

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  3. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
  4. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Accepting report as is.. Please do not submit reports here if you have no intentions on keeping up with them.
    Doing so may result in you no longer being able to submit them here.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.