1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198300014038 - ([Steam] Steam Games)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by SuperSlowNinja, Apr 16, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SuperSlowNinja

SuperSlowNinja New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:165362751
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Item Fraud] Quick-switch trade scam or attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [Steam] Steam Games

Accused profile: 76561198300014038

Victim profile: 76561198290991230

What happened? Description:
    I made a trading post on reddit for spyro, and this user, u/marwelstarpro, messaged me asking to add me to discuss. We came to an agreement, and since he had more rep on his profile, I went first. I waited for a bit but then realized he blocked me before sending me anything, so I couldn't reach him anymore. I have several screenshots to prove this.​

Provide Evidence:
    This are the chat messages (and his profile): View attachment 752438 View attachment 752439 View attachment 752440 View attachment 752441 View attachment 752442
    And this last image is his supposed "rep" comments.
    View attachment 752443
    This was the reddit message that he contacted me with.
    View attachment 752444
    He blocked me after I sent the gift links. I couldn't contact him anymore.

Here are the chats zoomed in to see easier:
    View attachment 752445 View attachment 752446 View attachment 752447 View attachment 752448 View attachment 752449
    View attachment 752450

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    @SuperSlowNinja Can you provide the receipt for those two games FULL screenshot please?
    Also I need to see trade inventory history for the last two days AND while your screenshots are OK - do not crop them in the future like that..always FULL screenshots!
  3. SuperSlowNinja

SuperSlowNinja New User

Steam:
    Hey, thanks for checking this out. I can provide more screenshots to show proof of purchase. I bought these games from a bigger bundle on humble bundle, so these screenshots show the emails I received and some of the keys/gift links I redeemed (which were unfortunately used by the scammer it seems). One of them shows that the bundle is tied to my account (SuperSlowNinja).

Also, I am not sure what you meant by trade inventory history. Is this screenshot what you meant?

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2020
  4. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Ok now lastly - since you have friends set to private which I advise you do not do that.... you need to prove that you were in contact with this user - each of your screenshots shows their profile ADD FRIEND which means you were not afriends at that timeof the screenshots.
    You will need to show me proof via ID. Do you see where you added them in friend activity?
    Also please do not post others ID's here I'm not concerned with who you think are alts or others involved with them at other times.
  5. SuperSlowNinja

SuperSlowNinja New User

Steam:
    Ah, sorry about that last part. Though I believe the link I posted was for the account I was accusing. And yes, I took those screenshots the day after they blocked and unfriended me. I tried going to my friend activity, but I didn't see anything from them there. I also went to my activity, which gave a blank page. I still have their chat box open if I am able to use that though. And from there I can click "Add Friend" which gives me the "blocked communication" prompt from the screenshot, and I can also click "view profile" still, which sends me to their profile. I have just set my friends to public also. Is there anything I can do from here?
    profile.jpg
  6. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Ok without some way for you to prove you were in contact with this user I can't review this.
    ALso FULL screenshots never give us cropped screens.
  7. SuperSlowNinja

SuperSlowNinja New User

Steam:
    Hey, so I tried to chat in the box again which got me this. It's an error that shows that I cannot message non-friends, meaning that I was at least friended with them at the time I was messaging them. I can also try to ask steam support to verify that I was friends with them if that helps...
    blocked2.jpg
  8. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    If you still have the chat window up just do that very same screenshot and hover your mouse pointer over their name/image so it shows up their steam popup to their profile....something.
  9. SuperSlowNinja

SuperSlowNinja New User

Steam:
    Like this?
    hover.jpg hover2.jpg
  10. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    ok thanks will review this soon
  11. SuperSlowNinja

SuperSlowNinja New User

Steam:
    Thanks
  12. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
    SuperSlowNinja likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.