1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561197960541191 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Nico Bernard, Feb 21, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nico Bernard

Nico Bernard New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:432683656
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561197960541191

Victim profile: 76561198825633040

What happened? Description:
    He offered at first a trade for 230€ for some gloves I had very luckily unboxed through Steam after seeing an anouncement on CSGOtraders.net. He then offered to trade using a middleman and told me he payed in PayPal. When it came to pay he told me he coulnd't pay less than 500USD, and so offered to buy my whole inventory, some of which was tradelocked until today. I was sceptical of sending all of my skins for that price since it looked like way more money than my inventory was worth, and considered he was a scammer. I tried looking him up and the middleman here on SteamREP and other sites to see if they were legit, and saw nothing on them. I ended completing the trade even after my distrust because the middleman demanded 20% fee of the 500USD if I wanted to cancel the trade, which I didn't want to do. Once I sent the last skins today to the middleman he deleted me as a friend alongside the middleman in the middle off the conversation and didn't pay me nothing.​

Provide Evidence:
    Evidence is attached in JPEG files​

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    | steamname: Albert Ox-Ford
    | steam3ID: [U:1:3531316]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:1765658
    | steamID64: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197963797044
    | customURL: https://steamcommunity.com/id/ModAlbert
    | steamrep: https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561197963797044

I need all of the screenshots you have against this user on next reply.
    Also need the screenshot where you gave this user your paypal information to send payment to.
    Break up the last few you gave for one screen shot at a time vs 4 small boxes on an image
  3. Nico Bernard

Nico Bernard New User

Steam:
    I didn't give this guy 76561197963797044 Albert Ox-Ford my paypal information since he was the middleman, he was not the guy paying me

Attached Files:

4. Nico Bernard

Nico Bernard New User

Steam:
    The images which are made smal are these

Attached Files:

5. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Please provide a full screen shot of your Trade Inventory History showing for sure the trade in question(NOT TRADE OFFER!!)- open this with a web browser, move your mouse over the users name in question so it shows up the hypertext popup URL at the bottom of the screen - take the screen shot DO NOT edit it in anyway and upload. Also need a screen shot of your Paypal ACTIVITY (not Summary) for several days beginning with the date before this trade..full screen DO NOT edit this shot in anyway. Upload HERE…NOT imgur, NOT gyazo or any other 3rd party hosting site!

Also please review this screenshot guide should you require assistance:

https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/screenshot-guide-requirements.157969/

I realize you may have given these already but I'm asking for new ones.
    Lastly - Middlemen do not handle payments of any sort -they only hold the item(s) being traded to hand over after payment was received from the buyer. But like any store you go to you pay for items FIRST before walking out with them..you took this completely backwards.
  6. Nico Bernard

Nico Bernard New User

Steam:
    I know I did it badly, I just was quite excited that someone was "willing" to pay me that amount of money at first and then it all started going downhill... At the end I was quite desperate to try and get something out of it

Attached Files:

7. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Ok well this user and the other had prior reports - they were unfounded or lacked proper evidence but if you searched them properly you would have seen that.
    Google searching someones ID64 would have given results either way.
    I will review this again shortly - no need to reply again.
  8. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.