1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198870242954 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Moose, Jul 9, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moose

Moose New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:22796228
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] Other cash fraud (webmoney, bitcoin, etc)
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198870242954

Victim profile: 76561198005858185

What happened? Description:
    I advertised my Ak Black Lam with 4x Flipsid3 Katowice Holo Stickers on Reddit for 420usd cash. JannisZ added me and offered 400usd BTC, which I accepted.

He provided some cash trade rep here: https://steamcommunity.com/groups/WorldwideDistributionShop/discussions/1/3070873501568378644/ (screenshot included)

As I have no official cash trade rep, I agreed that I go first. He sent me a trade offer for the item, I accepted, and then I sent him my BTC wallet address. He said he sent 400usd worth of, and I waited an hour, with no BTC entering my account, and no pending transactions. Here shows that there was no pending transaction at all: https://www.blockchain.com/btc/address/3JcgfDeVB5jQ4nArtWVBiDj9DqvQXnzMw6

He kept me added kept talking and later stated that his bank had declined his coinbase transaction... He claims that he will either try and pay again, or will return it in 7 days when the tradelock is lifted...

I want to submit this report just in case that is not true and he is trying to go on a scamming spree. To caution anyone else who is trading with him in the coming few days. Will update this report if he does pay me or returns the items. All screenshot evidence attached.​

Provide Evidence:
    All screenshot evidence attached. Let me know if more is needed.

Chat logs, trade history, blockchain screenshot, accused profile, accused cashrep:
    View attachment 786984 View attachment 786985 View attachment 786986 View attachment 786987 View attachment 786988 View attachment 786989 View attachment 786990 View attachment 786991

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Don't create reports just for the sake of doing so - if the user and you agreed to give it 7 days then give it 7 days.
    We don't take reports here for you to use as a weapon/push the user into doing something.
    You are either making a report to complete it or not - which is it.
  3. JannisZ

JannisZ Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:454988613
    I ended up getting my bank to work, so I sent the $400 to his BTC wallet address provided. All evidence is attached below excluding confidential financial transactions which is meant to be kept private.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2021
  4. Moose

Moose New User

Steam:
    Ok then it's a proper report now. He's claimed to have tried to send it a second time, nothing showing in my wallet, nothing showing on blockchain: https://www.blockchain.com/btc/address/3JcgfDeVB5jQ4nArtWVBiDj9DqvQXnzMw6

I am correct in saying that if he actually sent any Bitcoin to my Bitcoin address it would show up on Blockchain explorer? He's claimed that its due to me using Coinjar an Australian wallet, but that should not affect it at all, it's a standard bitcoin wallet and I've had no issues the couple times I have used it internationally in the past.

And just to clear things up I was not using the report as a weapon, was posting as a caution to others he may be trading with in the 7 day period, JUST IN CASE he was indeed trying to scam as I suspected. Apologies if that's unacceptable, but I am submitting the report properly now as he falsely claimed to have sent the money again, and has now removed me.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  5. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Paste the BTC address here please just as you gave it in the chat logs.
    Also
    Please provide a full screen shot of your Trade Inventory History (thru a computer not mobile) showing for sure the trade in question(NOT TRADE OFFER!!)- open this with a web browser, move your mouse over the users name in question so it shows up the hypertext popup URL at the bottom of the screen - take the screen shot DO NOT edit it in anyway and upload.
  6. Moose

Moose New User

Steam:
    My BTC address: 3JcgfDeVB5jQ4nArtWVBiDj9DqvQXnzMw6

Unsure what his address is.

Trade history screenshot attached, URL visible.

Cheers

Attached Files:

7. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    We don't accept cropped screenshots - full screenshots or none at all.
    I will give you 24hours to respond.
    @JannisZ
  8. JannisZ

Steam:
    I'm not here to argue, but the reason I posted cropped screenshots was because if these where full screen they would leak confidential financial information which I do not wish to leak, therefore none at all. Even though this is in the rules to never post confidential information you don't wish to leak, and after I paid, if nothing can be done, then I can accept the consequences.
  9. JannisZ

Steam:
    Whatever is going on with transaction, I strongly believe his address is either invalid because the last times it received transactions were a year ago or something that I couldn't explain. I'm lost for words on where my money went.
    Thanks
  10. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    We don't accept cropped screenshots - that is policy.
    The payment is pretty precise with BTC - you certainly got the right address since the screenshot you gave matched what was given to you in the chat logs. The issue is there is NO transaction as of today even to that address and I like anyone else that handles BTC knows that there should have been confirmations by now and there isn't.
    So I really don't see how you can continue lying like this but I'll conclude the report now.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    Arash likes this.
  11. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
    Arash likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.