1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198092480288 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Twofish, Mar 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Twofish

Twofish New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52697708
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198092480288

Victim profile: 76561198065661145

What happened? Description:
    I agreed to a cash trade for my terror-watt tossle cap using steam cash. The offender proceeded with the trade, then said he was uploading the $80.50 to steam. I then proceeded to ask repeatedly when he was going to buy the strange he gave me from the market. Then he said that he didn't know i wanted dollars instead of cents and proceeded to block me.​

Provide Evidence:
    The evidence below shows how to trade proceeded and then shows how he scammed me. I have put the original trade offer in as well and his agreement. He clearly offered me dollars for my hat as in proof 3 i believe he gives me his original offer which he states in dollars and the offer is never changed after that. The $70 is what i agreed on and never though i was getting up until the point when he ran.​

Attached Files:

2. Ghetto ROBIN

Ghetto ROBIN New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:66107280
    Let me explain please. First of all I told him he would receive items and 84 through the steam market. I told him to put up another item for 84 cents and he refused therefor making me not be able to pay him. The trade itself was him trying to shark me. He must have thought I was a noob because he wanted 85 dollars for a 2.5 bud hat..... Not only that but he received items in return and he can get 84 cents from me at any time. All he has to do is ask!
  3. Ghetto ROBIN

Ghetto ROBIN New User

Steam:
    This is therefor false. Like I said I will give him the items at any time.
    1. I said 77 in the trade and 4 in the chat. ( I do not recall saying I would give him actual dollars.
    2. He received items in return (therefor not a scam because he received a BMOC and a ton of ref)
    3. 84 dollars is pretty expensive for a 2 bud hat.
  4. Ghetto ROBIN

Ghetto ROBIN New User

Steam:
    I will send pictures of the trade. If you would like next time I buy something from someone I will use the proper ending (dollars, cents, buds, keys, etc.)
    Also, he accepted to the trade as well. At anytime I will give him his rightful 84 cents when he wants it.
  5. Ghetto ROBIN

Ghetto ROBIN New User

Steam:
    And also he scammed me out of mad milk
  6. Ghetto ROBIN

Ghetto ROBIN New User

Steam:
  7. Ghetto ROBIN

Ghetto ROBIN New User

Steam:
    As you can see in that picture he got stuff in return including 36 refine!, a B.M.O.C., and a mad milk. As you can also see on this page I am not a scammer. I gave my friend Julianican that key because he won a free raffle in my own raffling group. Even though it may not seem like a lot, remember a 2.5 bud unusual is worth like 40-50 dollars (not 80)
  8. Ghetto ROBIN

Ghetto ROBIN New User

Steam:
    As I stated before I offered him 77 and 4. I did not use an ending which did teach me a lesson (learn to make sure to be more specific).
  9. Ghetto ROBIN

Ghetto ROBIN New User

Steam:
    The explanation for me running is simple. First of all I do not like to be spammed. He refused to put the item out in the community cash market. He started spamming me telling him me to "give him the money" however he did not want to put it up for 84 cents. Secondly, he joined my server and started harassing me. If that wasn't enough, he started calling me irrational names such as a "Dick". I blocked and removed him because he threatened me on the night of March 26, 2015. (which I believe is against the law). Could an admin help me out by telling me how to access past chats? I can show proof of it following that.
  10. Ghetto ROBIN

Ghetto ROBIN New User

Steam:
    If you need more evidence, I have people that I was in the a skype chat talking with that heard me say I was giving a guy 77 and 4. They will also tell you as well as anyone else in the Tf2 Economy that 2.5 buds is NOT worth 80 dollars or anywhere close to that.
  11. Twofish

Twofish New User

Steam:
    that was what you wanted me to put up for trade.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  12. Ghetto ROBIN

Ghetto ROBIN New User

Steam:
    Technically yes, but it makes more sense as a scam since I did not even get anything in return for it lol.
  13. Ghetto ROBIN

Ghetto ROBIN New User

Steam:
    Example of him trying to take advantage of the situation (scamming)

Attached Files:

14. Ghetto ROBIN

Ghetto ROBIN New User

Steam:
    Hey ugh steam rep admins does this trade look normal?

Attached Files:

• Ok.png
      Ok.png
      File size:
      250.5 KB
      Views:
  15. Ghetto ROBIN

Ghetto ROBIN New User

Steam:
    Oh wait did you think that was all he wanted?

Attached Files:

16. Ghetto ROBIN

Ghetto ROBIN New User

Steam:
    Proof he offered it to me.

Attached Files:

17. Ghetto ROBIN

Ghetto ROBIN New User

Steam:
    Part 2 to the proof

Attached Files:

18. Ghetto ROBIN

Ghetto ROBIN New User

Steam:
    Is that not a scam?
  19. Twofish

Twofish New User

Steam:
    all i'm going to state is you only gave me 6 keys before for my 2.25 bud unusual which by tf2's definition would be sharking which is still ban-able. in that trade is around 14 keys which doesn't even cover the cost of my hat.
  20. Twofish

Twofish New User

Steam:
    all i'm going to state is you only gave me 6 keys before for my 2.25 bud unusual which by tf2's definition would be sharking which is still ban-able. in that trade is around 14 keys which doesn't even cover the cost of my hat.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.