1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Reported scam 1 month ago, still no review complete, MULTIPLE VICTIMS ongoing

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by SwapMan, Jun 27, 2014.

1. SwapMan

SwapMan New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:45629602
    I reported a scam for misrepresenting item:

http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/...-counter-strike-global-offensive-items.66767/

It seems like it was misclassified under "Other scams" to be processed:

http://forums.steamrep.com/categories/processing-reports.43/

WHen really it was a case of someone duping/faking, or misrepresenting the item.

Anyway, this person continues to scam others in the CSGO community and I have waited patiently for almost 1 month now and still there has not been justice served against this scammer.
  2. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46928737
    We as Moderators only have certain classes that we can file a report under, yours falls under "other" for us. Now for the issue of time it takes for your report to be processed. There are 6 active admin that have real life jobs/kids ect. and we are a volunteer service that provides vital information to the trading community. We receive about 30-40 reports each and every day. So if you do the math your report will be looked at but it might take awhile.
  3. SwapMan

SwapMan New User

Steam:
    I understand. But maybe it is a good idea to get admins who do not have a real life or kids etc. Just a suggestion.
  4. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    I understand your anger. I see many reports that need prompt attention. But the fact still remains that we are a volunteer service and when "we" admin/mods ect. have time we process reports in a queue. Yours has not came up for review yet. Please be patient.
    HissTheHeavy and Mattie! like this.
  5. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Those are called "kids" and I'd really would be opposed to give them positions as we have. We had only 1 admin under 18 so far, and he was mature beyond his years (and we did see his trolling, but it was never a problem to us). As he is by now also now enrolled into university and summer courses etc, he's not much available. The age group of 18+ to say 25 has its problems with lots of changes. Once university is done, they won't have time for years to come.
    SIVARTZ likes this.
  6. Crise Ice

Crise Ice Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:12069081
    Dude it's tf2 there are like 1000s of virginfats just waiting for a position like this so they can flex their urge to have power on the internet
  7. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    Hence the reason most people never get to be mod/admin for SR. Common sense plays a factor when choosing a new member. The other 999 virginfats will be refused.
    You Are The One likes this.
  8. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    lol, most admins here hate to have it, but as there is nobody else to do it well enough, or at least that we still can keep up...
  9. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    :)
  10. gukingofheart

gukingofheart New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:49222635
    This user scammed multiple victums you say?
    Here's an idea, see if these victums got proof to.
    A fair way to mark this scammer(according to you), is to get as much proof as possible.

If there's many reports for the same user with good proof, this should be an easy and shut case(Am I wrong to think this?)
  11. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    Indeed
  12. SwapMan

SwapMan New User

Steam:
    YOu would be surprised how many people get scammed and then dont bother to file a report because they miss a little evidence or are just embarrassed. Thats why two of them posted on my original thread report, and at least two others I talked to just said they didnt want to get involved but that they were scammed by him too but didnt want to look like a noob or whatever.

It is a pretty clear open and shut case, but if nobody is there to open, review, and then shut the case, then it doesnt get solved. But I will just do as advised by others here and be patient.
  13. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    lol what? That is nothing more than saying you need to let people power trip and if its anything I can't stand and drives me up the wall are kids/people that feel as if they need some sorta high ranking position in a game/server or site to flat out "Power Trip" - makes me wanna punch kittens to hear of it!
  14. Ninja Otter With A Taco

Ninja Otter With A Taco Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:35378805
    By the way, if you ever need to report someone in the future, post the report on a partner community, they'll ban and get them tagged quicker than if you send reports to SteamRep
  15. SwapMan

SwapMan New User

Steam:
    Hi what does this mean? And can I do it now?
  16. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    SteamRep partners and friends communities. They are listed on the frontpage of http://steamrep.com you can click their banner and that will forward you to their site.
    Partners have their admins with green tags, and can independently ban scammers on steamrep. Friend communities can report to SR, and then the reports get reviewed for having enough evidence and tagged a for the friends community with the SR ban label. Both ways are way faster then SR can process them, because those friend and partner communities have a way lower load of reports on them.
  17. Pacquis

Pacquis New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:35235363
    as he said other community have fewer backlogs, people these days think that Sr is the only that can tag while the partnered community's can do that