1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Reports marked as Suspicious

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Valcemis, Feb 4, 2016.

1. Valcemis

Valcemis New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:54432763
    As many of you know, you can report a scammer in SteamRep. Well I met a person that was suspicous, and I knew he was probably a scammer ( I know he is a scammer at the moment). I sent a report, and it was marked as invalid. Even tho I knew he was kinda fishy. Why can't the reports be marked as "Suspicious", which will lead the user into being tagged as "Suspicious"? His account looked so poor, and he wanted to buy my "85$" inventory for 100$. My items that are tradeable at the moment, are 85$, but I still think he was seeking for those 2 non-tradeable skins (Report has screenshots). Another person also added me weeks ago saying that he wants to buy my normal FT AK-47 Point Disarray and the special AK-47 Redline with his 25$ skin, and I would make "profit". Who would pay 100$ for inventory filled with many cases, many low quality drop skins, and couple high quality skins. Well here is my report, and you should check what the scammer's profile looks like now. http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/...ke-global-offensive-items.121817/#post-338520
  2. Valcemis

Valcemis New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:54432763
    Oh by the way, the scammer had only around 30 keys when he tried to scam me.
  3. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    You can't just mark someone "Suspicious" just because you feel they are giving you a "good deal" or offering up something more/less than what you feel something is valued. Some people don't follow what things are "priced/valued" on random websites - Valve has never made a official guide, some people have more money than others so perhaps they just wish to give a little more. Do you feel that the police should mark that guy running around the US as Secret Santa giving out $$ as "Suspicious" cause you think something he's sketchy for doing so?
    I've given someone a key for a random craft hat before - am I "Suspicious" too? Granted sometimes someone will offer more than you feel something is valued to pull you in but till there is clear intent that doesn't mean the user is bad or doing bad things. Your report had nothing in it to show that the user would have scammed you.
    Roudydogg1 and Katpolice like this.