1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Scam Method?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by SquiggleZ, Jan 8, 2018.

1. SquiggleZ

SquiggleZ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:190878999
    Ok, so this guy click added me telling me he wanted to buy my Ak47 fuel injector well worn using OPskins, I was sure he was going to use a fake OPskins bot, but he did not, i have already listed the item, but he wants my API key and refuses to buy it using the listing. I have heard that if you obtain someone's OPskins API key, you can access their listing, change the price, and buy it for 1 cent. Do you guys recognize this as a scam? Because I dont want to make a whole report here only for it to be denied. If you need chat logs or something I can put them.
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
  3. SquiggleZ

SquiggleZ New User

Steam:
    So you guys won't handle this report? I can't report him to Valve because it is a third party website and not a steam affiliated website. I really don't want this guy to remain unbanned because I know he is trying to trick me into giving him the ability to buy my $30 skin for 5¢.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2018
  4. SquiggleZ

SquiggleZ New User

Steam:
    I have all the proof that proves that he is trying to do this.
  5. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    This is a Phishing attempt.
    This is not something we take reports here for.
    I gave you this link
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/steamrep-investigative-policy.140101/
    That link explains what we do and don't accept reports for.
    We will NOT tag/ban for it. Report the user to Valve and to the site that its involving as I directed you to.
    Now not only did you not even listen to anything that link said, but I said plain as day not to make a report for this yet you did anyway which takes time I have away from valid reports or those we do review.
    I really hope you and anyone else curious about this sorta activity reads my replies in this very thread so we don't get more reports for these acts here.
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
    Roudydogg1 likes this.