1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Scam Or Not {link removed}

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Danda_PlayZ, Dec 21, 2016.

1. Danda_PlayZ

Danda_PlayZ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:147913589
    Randomly Looking At Csgo Sites And Found 340$ In My Balance on here ButOthers Have 0 When Start But To Withdraw I Need To Deposit 30$ My Knife ? Is This A Scam For My Knife Or Nah ? Never Seen Before
  2. Sniper Pro

Sniper Pro FirePowered Head Admin Partner Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:49525162
    I have no idea whether or not that site is legit, but you should always be extremely cautious when putting your money into any website. Always make sure you do ample research on the site before you trust them with your money or items. If there is any sign that the sight may be fake, run far away.
  3. Clive

Clive SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:43668349
    So let me get this straight, a site you have never used before or ever heard of claims you have $340 in your account, but you can only get that supposed money if you give them a $30 item? Just reread that and you should be able to answer your own question. (the answer is yes, it is a scam)

/edit, not going to go to the site, but it was registered 2 weeks ago
    Roudydogg1 and Sniper Pro like this.
  4. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    SCAM.... happens all the time.
    They all do that to get you to deposit to withdraw.

I'm going to edit out the address out of subject line
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating, Valve (Automatic)).**
  5. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    New scam sites like this pop up seemingly every day. In the same respect we advise people not to trust brand new Steam accounts or those with private profiles, you should not trust brand new anonymously registered websites. Just because someone has a website doesn't make them or the website legit! Here's some things I found in a quick check:
    • Registered under 2 weeks ago
    • Free and anonymous email address used for administrative contact
    • Name and organization are withheld from domain registration information
    • Server located in Russia - not incriminating in itself, but a LOT of shady websites are hosted there
    • Website is blocked in Steam, any links sent in chat will appear as {link removed} which should be a red flag.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
    schmed and Roudydogg1 like this.
  6. Salmon

Salmon Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:21003377
    If you are getting anything more easily than you should, it's a scam. Scammers prey on people too stupid to think through what's in front of them and get greedy.