1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Scammer being allowed to trade freely

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by The Oatmeal, Jul 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Oatmeal

The Oatmeal New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46647607
    I know this community is not yet affiliated with steamrep but it may be in the future and here we see the admins saying that the scammer is innocent and only "scammed the items back that were scammed"
    http://www.dota2traders.com/threads/jufrag-deluxe-store.64/

I pmed the admins of that site about the user but seeing as how they are supporting him in that thread, I doubt anything will come out of it.
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    I can't read nothing on that link as I'm not logged in and I hardly think anyone else will create a log in just to read it - so how about you screen shot everything and post it.
  3. The Oatmeal

The Oatmeal New User

Steam:
  4. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
  5. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    I get very protective of my Steam ID/pass so aside from here and MAYBE one other place I don't use that as I've seen instances where it was compromised and replaced with a way to "farm" ID's/Passwords so nope but thanks for the screen.
  6. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    you can verify easily that its been applied on the valve site. the destination site doesn't get anything but the confirmation that its you having that profile ID64. No login name, no password. Same goes for here if you log on, the only thing the system here gets with the link back to our site is the ID64, which confirms to us that that is your account that you are using. You only have to check if its really the valve site you are on, which is easy to check with the https:// in front, and the green bar for the ssl certificate.
  7. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    I'm old fashion.... prefer a good ole regular log in ;)
  8. Eoj Nawoh

Eoj Nawoh Retired Staff Partner Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:40091868
    It is ultimately up to them if they wish to allow scammers to trade on their website. It just hurts them, especially if that fellow scams someone.
  9. The Oatmeal

The Oatmeal New User

Steam:
    I was more worried about those who trade with this guy jufrag knowing that he is a scammer since SR policy is that trading with scammers gets you marked as well.
    Also there have been reports of the admins themselves sharking unusuals on reddit and trying to manipulate prices of items.
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Dota2Trade/...garding_spreadsheets_price_guides_and_sharks/
    So its not too surprising that they are harboring scammers. I guess if they try to get affiliated with Steamrep in the future, this evidence can against them.
  10. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    hmm, well, it makes easy with a single-login credential to several sites authentication. It has some say to have separate ofc in cases, but in general it makes it just easier for most ppl. That some old-fashioned like it difficult, is all their right to :)
  11. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    They'll get the nasty with that in the end. Valve is less and less tolerant.
  12. Scarness

Scarness Friend Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:40494005
    I'm sorry you guys think so , we are clearly not supporting scammers. Jufrag is currently on an appeal and as soon as he gets his judgement we are ready to take the right action towards him.
    About the reddit story , we talked to Helen and Chaos about it and they said it is okay and won't effect our application , because we aim to apply for affiliation later on.
    Regards,
    Scarness.
  13. Gae △ Bolg

Gae △ Bolg New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:43386032
    Dota2Traders Admin here.

First off, Jufrag and NejiXSan (The only 2 members we have who are marked as scammers according to Steamrep) are BOTH in Judgement Appeal forum right now, that's the only reason why they weren't banned right away and why I said I would "hold back" on Jufrag's case for now. In short, we were waiting for Steamrep's decission. That screenshot is from the first day of our forum, by the way, we didn't want to start off with a ban.

Links: http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/76561198061971037-nejixsan-sr-scammer.7091/
    Can't find Jufrag's thread, maybe it got rejected. If so, he's getting a ban right now. Let me know.

Second, the OP is lying, none of us got sent any message by anyone regarding scammers. Consequently, I presume this is just another attempt from this guy "TheMystic", or one of his friends, to spread false information in order to hurt our reputation because of a "personal vendetta" he has against me.

Here are some pictures you might want to see regarding the whole reddit fiasco, showing how every single one of TheMystic's "sources" turned against him and defended us. After it happened, he threatened everyone with "f✿✿✿✿✿✿ them up just like their friends". This guy has some serious social problems and a very zealous behavior.

Last but not least: our site was DESIGNED based on Steamrep security measures. That's why we have a Steamrep button under every single avatar, a set of rules and guides related to scam reports or appeals that were pretty much COPIED from Steamrep and a very strict control in our trading forums.

We let ONE single guy stay until his Scammer tag appeal is approved or rejected because we can't know for sure and he has good reputation leaving the mark aside and we deserve this kind of accusation thread?

I've spent 15 hours a day working on this website for the last week, gave away pretty much all I had to make it grow through giveaways, stood awake until 7:30 in the morning (like right now) to make sure it's all fine and overall put a lot of effort into it for some random guy WITH A CAUTION TAG to accuse me and put our work and investment at risk?

Here, look at me supporting scammers, make sure to take a look at the big "STEAMREP" buttons under each avatar:
    http://i.imgur.com/YgGsq.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/gE493.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/Hxns1.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/hqow4.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/blvAR.jpg

Take a look at our forum layout as well:

http://i.imgur.com/8yYWi.png

Now, regarding our association with Steamrep: Yes, we are aiming for it, we have talked with Helen and Chaos already. We're willing to ban anyone we have to, were just waiting for a word from Steamrep since these 2 "scammers" are yet to get their marks either removed or not depending on how their tag appeal goes. Consequently, I find this thread intentionally harmful and ask the OP to be kept a close eye on, as he seems to have some shady intentions and has shown already that he's willing to lie (he really didn't PM any of us).

Feel free to contact me for any further information.
  14. Leonfaria

Leonfaria New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:14170562
    hi, im a dota2traders.com admin...

first of all, the steam log in is just the same plug in steamrep use here in their forum, its just a verification and its safe, we require that verification, so people can check steamrep right below ppl avatar, and backpacks... all this trying to help people to know if they are dealing with a scammer, its gonna be a MUST in the future, otherwise people cant post on the trade section...

Second: I talked with jurfrag when he registered on our site he told me his story and we keep an eye on him, i told him that i gonna give him a chance, but he has to appeal, if not... hes banned

reddit drama is another story, short version is.. theres no solid proof of anything and all the people involved on that, are now confirming that the logs was edited, and you can check the site, theres no conspiracy, spreadsheet, cartel, scam going on in there

jurfrag is gonna be banned, im sorry for this, and i dont wanna get into misunderstanding about our site, its clearly a SAFE site, if we were supporting scammers, do you think we needed that badge below the avatar?

http://www.dota2traders.com/threads/general-forums-rules.22/ check the link and see what im talking about, check below my avatar all the options we have to make trades easy and safe

PS: we know that we should ban all scammers, and we gonna do it by tomorrow, and we are getting new mods to help us with that, but i wanna know something, people in caution like the oatmeal, should be banned too?

thank you in advance, and im sorry for all this misunderstanding
  15. Gae △ Bolg

Gae △ Bolg New User

Steam:
    Also forgot, regarding the whole reddit fiasco: we have no price list, we don't do price checks, we in fact warn people who attempt to do or suggest the idea of starting a price list. I can provide proof as demanded.

I mean, seriously, if we wanted to support scammers we wouldn't even have Steamrep buttons, obligatory steam account association nor a scam reports forum. Jesus.
  16. Gae △ Bolg

Gae △ Bolg New User

Steam:
    I invite anyone to start an investigation on me to see how big of a "shark" I am, lol.
  17. Eoj Nawoh

SteamRep Admin:
    I think the OP was perhaps trying to bring up a concern. Also, this topic is in the General Discussion, it is no official accusation or anything of that manner. He was raising a concern he had that your website allowed a scammer to trade on it. I don't believe an angry and heated response at SteamRep or really anyone is necessary.

He brought up something he considered important, and provided a screenshot of it.
  18. Scarness

Scarness Friend Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:40494005
    You're right , but there was too much fuss going on reddit with a lot of lies n stuff and we just don't want it to happen again.
  19. Leonfaria

Leonfaria New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:14170562
    we have a lot of haters trying to shut the site down or something, so we dont know what to think, if he wanted to help, we have a LOT of ways to do that, in fact our profiles are there, public, he could add us, and ask us to ban him or something

"So its not too surprising that they are harboring scammers. I guess if they try to get affiliated with Steamrep in the future, this evidence can against them"

how he knows that we are aiming for affiliation? we dont have any application posted... BUT we have people that know that and are trying to harm us, so we cant get the affiliation

i hope this guy can stop this drama, we are taking actions against the scammers
  20. Eoj Nawoh

SteamRep Admin:
    He said he attempted to private message, whether that's true, we'll wait I suppose.

But that being said, it wouldn't be that much of a illogical to step guess that if you use the SR plugin/API, that you'd eventually want the Affiliation.

I don't know if this guy is who you think he is, perhaps, but he did not just join SR to post about you.

I think the point was being that scammers were able to trade on your website, many website ban them for having a mark, and tell them if they appeal successfully the ban can be removed, instead you allowed him to stay, which as the admins is your right. And if he had traded with anyone and they got marked or scammed anyone on your site, it lie with you. And perhaps his goal was to put it here in public to motivate to take actions against the scammers, which you have seemingly done.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.