1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Scammer being allowed to trade freely

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by The Oatmeal, Jul 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leonfaria

Leonfaria New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:14170562
    i found his pm on my box like 5 min ago... i wasnt home this weekend, just got here and get this linked

like i said, we are taking actions with those users tomorrow, so this should be over now
  2. The Oatmeal

The Oatmeal New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46647607
    I would like to clear up some misconceptions. First as you state above I did pm you on Sunday but apparently you only saw the pm on your site which you manage and use daily AFTER I created this thread. http://gyazo.com/28196d314e43e0823eaa9f1d5730beae You posted on this thread accusing me of having lying and having ulterior motives behind this first without checking on your site that I had pmed you earlier regarding this matter. I am happy to give the benfit of doubt that you did not login on your site after I had sent you the PM.

Second I am no "mystic" or whoever that guy is. We never talked and never had each other in the friend's list. Only now I checked who that guy is. I have no personal vendetta against you but for one I know that jufrag is not a legit person after being banned from SoP and reddit for scamming and other stuff. You see, I got marked for trading with scammers and let me tell you that was one hell of an experience and I dont want to see other users getting scammed or being marked for trading with Jufrag.

And regarding affiliation I guessed you would be applying for it as all major communities do but defending scammers from the get go and and saying that he "only scammed the items he was scammed" and is like turning a blind eye to the problem.
    You see here you are supporting and justifying his action when in fact Steamrep has marked him for scamming and I doubt his appeal will ever be accepted. I definitely dont want people to trade on your site as long as you allow scammers to trade freely. But if you think I have something to gain out of this be my guest. I hardly have any dota items of much value and I play it mainly for the game it is. If you think all this is a drama and trying to hurt your reputation and hard work maybe next time you wont be so accomodating to scammers and trying to bring down those who point that out.
  3. The Oatmeal

The Oatmeal New User

Steam:
    Go ahead ban me. Ban caution tags and keep thieves, scammers and liars. ;) I have nothing to do with your website. Only joined after Dota cinema linked it. Gotta tell those guys that they sent thousands of unwitting people to a shady website. The fact that you three started accusing me instead of trying to see for yourself my PM etc and linking me to those guys who apparently have a "vendetta" against you shows how paranoid you are.
  4. Scarness

Scarness Friend Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:40494005
    As we said , we are going to take action vs scammers tomorrow. We are going to ban scammers and have a special tag for people on Caution , this seems like the best solution. I never accused you of anything and if you deem our website to be shady let it be so.
  5. The Oatmeal

The Oatmeal New User

Steam:
    I appreciate that you are taking actions now. Its best for the Dota community and the trading community as a whole to not allow scammers to continue their operation. Thanks for listening to my concerns and I wish you guys all the best.
  6. Eoj Nawoh

Eoj Nawoh Retired Staff Partner Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:40091868
    I'm glad this is getting cleared up.
  7. Scarness

Steam:
    Thanks for bringing that topic is up , hope you can stay n trade.
  8. Mysticz

Mysticz New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:5091597
    Oh wow I was just linked this by someone that has been telling me for days that these guys (or at least Gae Bolg and Scarness) were up to some trouble again. They've been pretty much cyber stalking me even though I've kept my distance, sending me party invites in Dota 2 even when I have them blocked, then accusing me of lying again in here. I've been told for about two weeks they had some grand master plan to discredit me in some way too. These are some twisted guys, Leon is the only one who acts like he doesn't know what's going on.

I posted complete chatlogs and screenshots all of which were reviewed by Reddit admits, nothing was edited. Please see the fact that in the Reddit thread Jackdaw refused to state that any logs were edited, because they weren't. Instead he only defended Gae Bolg's comments as being true and theoretical. BridgeS did ask me to replace Gae Bolg's name, this is true, I don't know why he did that but no names were changed. What Jackdaw and BridgeS sent were left 100% intact without any edits or changes at all.

Gae Bolg and Scarness do have a plan to manipulate the market for their gain. It's something that I heard not just from 3 people but also a 4th, and I did what I could to warn as many people as possible. Unfortunately the 4th chickened out as well (somehow these guys turn every single person over to their side). Anyways, his name is Zed, and you'll find a gallery of the conversation I had before he chickened out at the links below. Jackdaw has a hard time lying, if you want to verify any of this I would start with him first and ask him if Gae Bolg said what he said in the logs.

22 images including screencap Zed (4th source, AFTER the Reddit thread drama) sent on 7/7/2012, and pastebin of chat:
    http://imgur.com/a/urK7x
    http://pastebin.com/LuzeDC4u

If any sort of personal vendetta exists it's only there because these guys tried to make me out to be a liar, someone who edited chat logs, etc. They even accused me of buying domain names that they wanted. Try being on the receiving end of that when you're trying to blow a whistle and not get pissed. That's not even taking into account whatever plans they had / have to try to make me out to be a bad person. Gae Bolg and Scarness are among the lowest of low, and they still have plans for a price sheet to manipulate once they've got a community firmly in place.
  9. Mysticz

Mysticz New User

Steam:
    Ahh, just saw Leon's post. Leon, I'm really starting to think your whole "I don't know they are planning this show me proof" act is just that, an act. So now you too are accusing me of editing logs? Why don't we have BridgeS and Jackdaw join this conversation, see if they say anything was edited. They were the other parties in the conversation.

When BridgeS said edited log in the chat, he said that because when he was still being protected the only people who knew him as a source were the Reddit admins. As a result his name was -REDACTED- instead of BridgeS, to protect him. Once that log was posted you guys figured it out, and he commented on the fact that his name was hidden. Jackdaw never said logs were edited. But by all means, bring him onto this forum and see if he'll lie for you. Hell, ask a Steam admin to look at chat logs. What was said was said word for word, no edits were made.

Are you going to accuse me of faking the conversation with Zed too? That one took place right after the Reddit drama. It's a shame he chickened out, but I hope one day he finds the balls to share all those screenshots he took of the chat window with Gae.
  10. Eoj Nawoh

Eoj Nawoh Retired Staff Partner Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:40091868
    I would advise against starting a flame war here.
  11. Scarness

Steam:
    I thought we were over it , no?
    Explain me , and the other guys who may be interested in this situation , how are we gonna manipulate the price with a simple forum? What gives? Also all your sources as you claim went against you in the very own topic where you said they are your sources. Go figure.
    Also , not only us , but half of reddit including an admin told you that the proof isn't enough. We talked to two SR admins and they said the same. That's the only thing I'm going to post as we had enough trouble from you and you're starting it again.
  12. Gae △ Bolg

Gae △ Bolg New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:43386032
    And I will take that advice. But first, and just to make everything clear, I'm posting proper screenshots regarding this guy and who he really is, just for them to be accounted for in the future when an admin or whoever feels like "investigating" me or any of our staff members. I think it's important to have a background on the guy who is accusing people with no solid proof whatsoever and trying to bring a website down, or in this case hurting it's chances to affiliate with Steamrep.

Regarding Mysticz's Accusations.

Proof on this whole drama being personal, read last line carefully:
    http://i.imgur.com/7u5cW.jpg

Proof on how he seemingly is just after "shady people", or in other words: "witch hunting". I'd rather hunt scammers, seriously.
    http://i.imgur.com/KyOuI.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/g9FZG.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/t211E.jpg

Here you can see how he's actually willing to maybe let me sacrifice myself. Hope this cleans EVERYONE else's reputation/doubts/whatever and shows how he actually just wants to damage me, and complicated other people's situations in the process when he started the reddit drama:
    http://i.imgur.com/lCFuq.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/9X7BH.jpg

Here you can see him threatening Zed for deciding not to help him in his witch hunt after realizing it was all a misunderstanding and that the website is completely harmless and safe:
    http://i.imgur.com/Zx9EV.jpg

My backpack:
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/AvanTT/inventory/

I have no alt accounts, Steam admins are welcome to investigate me. If this guy truly believes that with such a Backpack I could "set prices for limited items and then buy them all" he should seriously consider checking himself with a therapist. I can't even afford a cheap unusual.

With proof on the table, I'd like two things:
    • First, this thread not becoming another reddit drama.
    • Secondly, if a Steamrep admin is concerned about this situation I invite him to add me as friend, I'll provide all the information required to investigate me, including my steam username and password if needed be, just so you can check my trade history and see if I'm really a shark like this guy claims.

Furthermore, we've talked about it with other staff members and we're even willing to let a Steamrep admin join us in Dota2Traders as part of the staff, just to make sure that no shady stuff goes on now or at any time of the future.
  13. Leonfaria

Leonfaria New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:14170562
    Thanks, and im sorry if we insulted you, the thing is that we REALLY have a lot of ppl trying to harm our site, sorry for the paranoid, cause maybe its true LOL
  14. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    On regards of banning for a Caution tag, I'm against that tbh. The caution tag is exactly that: a Caution placed upon a user, where others should be more on guard with trading. But as the "caution" list is "dirty" (ie: a number has caution tag where those should have been removed) this should be looked into case-by-case. On regards to the "dirty" list, action is being taken to "clean" it up, but with 6000+ scammers and a shipload of caution tags, this is going to take (a lot of) time.

Under old rules: Any perm/long term ban on a community resulted into a Caution tag of that Comm.
    Currently: one only can acquire a Caution tag by trading with a scammer.

The old rule did a shipload of such every day, the new one is way less often, maybe a couple per week tops.

As I said, the old caution tags will be slowly overturned, unless it has other crap happening. It's having specific rules, but that goes too far for here.
  15. Mysticz

Mysticz New User

Steam:
    They're the ones who continue to harass me, cyberstalk me, have friends message me (several of who I've had to block), etc. They came here, posted a bunch of lies about me. I'm defending myself, not starting a flame war.

You thought we were over it? You guys still find ways to harass me even when I block you. Just the other day Jackdaw was harassing me and stalking me in chat rooms. I've been told about how you guys have this grand plan to find a way to ruin my reputation too. How can you say "we were over it" when you guys even come here in Steamrep spreading lies about me again, accusing me of editing logs, etc.? I didn't edit anything, period. Don't you dare try to imply that I'm starting things again, you're the ones still causing trouble and spreading lies about anyone that says anything bad about your group or your site.

What was your defense the second the first thread was made at Reddit? You guys accused me of editing logs, then you accused Jackdaw of editing logs (saying you fired him, and he was out to get you), then when he flipped you guys started pretending you never accused Jackdaw of editing logs and went back to saying that I edited logs. Jackdaw never said logs were edited, nor did BridgeS say logs were edited.

Then Gae comes in this thread with all these screen caps only showing parts of conversations (the ones he wanted to show), when it's exactly what I was just talking about with your psycho cyberstalking. Nejixsan invited me in a group to try to explain her involvement, then next thing I know Gae (who is still blocked on my Steam) is in the room harassing me. I did not want to talk to Gae again, I refuse to talk to twisted liars that can't even man up about the things they've said (that now four people have confirmed). He's even sitting there posting logs from Zed, saying I threatened him. Where did I threaten Zed? I told Zed that he needs to tell Leon about his conversations with Gae. A threat is "if you don't do this I'm going to do this". Regardless, again this is exactly what I'm talking about. All your petty games to try to turn things around on me.

Steamrep and Reddit can do whatever they want with this information. Fact is these conversations happened, I don't care who's side Jackdaw or Zed are on now. They shared what they shared, including chatlogs. Hopefully Zed grows a pair and shares those screenshots because that would end this once and for all. I am sick and tired of you clowns accusing me of editing logs and lying.

You guys even went after Oatmeal here according to their post, the same type of tactic. Anyone that exposes problems with your group / site gets gangbanged by your e-thug posse. Eventually your little charade is going to get exposed, perhaps not by me but someone else. Then they can look back at Reddit, and this post, and say "damn we should have taken this more seriously". You guys are the ultimate scammers in this community, and you have no qualms with harassing anyone to death as a collective group if they try to expose that.
  16. Scarness

Steam:
    We just put a tag named caution on every user which has caution.
    Mystic I don't even..
    You failed at reddit at blaming us and now everyone think you're a liar , now you come here and do the same and result seems like it will be just like on reddit. To be honest I can't say anything further , we had a confirmation of two SR admins that no matter what you do or post will harm us in any way so we are done with you.
  17. Mysticz

Mysticz New User

Steam:
    Here's more of that conversation with Gae where he once again found a way to get at me even though I have him blocked.

http://imgur.com/a/1v06a

The comment about the war was because he continues to accuse me of lying and editing logs. The closest thing to an edit was BridgeS being protected with -REDACTED- in a chat log paste initially, at that time only the Reddit admins knew who he was.

Failed at Reddit? You guys were caught lying consistently, yet you couldn't prove a single thing about your accusations about me. Jackdaw, BridgeS, and now Zed have never claimed that anything shown had anything edited.

If the admins of SR choose to associate with you then they'll be making a huge mistake. Four independent people have sent similar logs, I've shown sets from 3.
  18. Scarness

Steam:
    Seriously? All your sources turned against you in that topic , BridgeS admitted that you edited his logs and jackdaw said that you're a lying scum. What else? Also you are far from mannered it seems , we harass you? Just look at that chatlog and all the swear and flame coming from Mysticz.
  19. Mysticz

Mysticz New User

Steam:
    BridgeS did not admit logs were edited, he pointed out that his NAME was edited. At the time the only people who knew it was him were two Reddit admins, so his name was -REDACTED- instead of BridgeS. Go ask him yourself. Where did BridgeS say I was lying scum?

Jackdaw never said logs were edited either. I even flat out confronted him and asked him to say the logs were edited, and he did not. He instead justified what Gae said, saying it was true (about 10 year old Russian kids) and that the comment about earbuds was theoretical and thus harmless.

Logs with Zed were not edited either, screenshots are all there.

Yes, I'm no longer well mannered when dealing with losers. My biggest pet peeve in my life involves liars, I cannot stand them. Not only are you guys liars, but you also try to say that I lied and edited logs every chance you get, essentially suggesting that >I< am the liar. So of course I'm going to swear at you guys when you continually find ways to harass me even when I block you on Steam. I blocked Gae for a reason, yet he circumvents that by finding a way to contact me inside Dota 2.
  20. Scarness

Steam:
    So you swear at us and say we are harassing you. SEEMS LEGIT.
    I'm out , wait for gae. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.