1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Scammer didn't learn his lesson

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Weeaboo Mom, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Weeaboo Mom

Weeaboo Mom New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:188646913
    So this user "Slam" added me recently for no reason at all. I looked up his id on steamrep right after I accepted his friend request and found out he was banned. I looked on the forums for why he was banned and found this: https://forums.steamrep.com/threads...tf2-team-fortress-2-items.187911/#post-499884
    I said "Hello", then he asked me the exact same thing he said to the previous user that got him banned. I pointed out his steamrep ban, and he blocked me. I blocked him in return.

This is my chat with him: Screen Shot 2019-03-11 at 11.19.39 PM.png

And this is the chat that got him banned on steamrep:
    WhADraZ.png

Looks awfully familiar doesn't it.
    And considering he decided to back away the second I brought up his ban shows that he hasn't stopped his little "advertising website" campaign.
  2. Zoofs

Zoofs New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:454070778
    Scammers do what scammers do. Some people do not know what SteamRep is, that's why a lot of scammers just continue even if tagged.
  3. Weeaboo Mom

Weeaboo Mom New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:188646913
    Are you able to tag someone multiple times?
    I recall something like that in the past. I feel like the community should be warned, as this user has been adding quite a bit of people recently from what I can see in his friends list.
  4. derfy

derfy New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:1948671
    If people don't check the status of a user before trading / interacting like this, what good will 2+ warnings do?
    Zoofs and Horse like this.
  5. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    This exactly - we could add 20 tags and some will just ignore it, had no idea about it or just not take the time to check being impatient thinking "GUD DEALZ!!".
    A tag here does not prohibit them from adding anyone else and talking, does not prohibit them from trading either.
    Valve is the only one that can take care of either of those issues so I highly suggest to the OP if you are that concerned be sure you've reported them to Valve... block the user and move on.
    They will likely at that point make another account and start all over again - so everyone reading this can clearly see what we are up against as a community.
    What works for me to avoid those users that are adding you, trying to get you to go to a site to play games, check things or whatever is I have a very distinct message on my profile that says COMMENT BEFORE ADDING AS TO WHY YOU ARE ADDING ME.... works 1000% of the time. No comment NO ACCEPT!!! I don't care who you are.
    Zoofs likes this.
  6. Zoofs

Zoofs New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:454070778
    I'm pretty certain that the scammer won't care about additional warnings if they don't care about the initial tag...
    Lava likes this.