1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Pending Scammer http://steamcommunity.com/id/mcdux0r

Discussion in 'Pre-2017 Reports' started by He@DSh0T!, Dec 2, 2013.

1. He@DSh0T!

He@DSh0T! New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:49552370
    Scammer:
    | steamname: dux0r
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:20279313
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198000824354
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/mcdux0r

| steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198000824354

Victim:
    | steamname: He@DSh0T!
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:49552370
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198059370468
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/wolfan101
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198059370468

· A steam user scammed me, it went like this:
    • First of all the deal was I would pay some ‘insurance’ as well as 3 tf2 keys for a borderlands 2 four pack
    • Then, I would activate one copy and trade the rest back for the remainder of my items
    • I got the four pack and activated a copy, but the other three turned into gifts (not tradable), however I had no idea about this
    • The trader said gift him each copy in many different e-mail addresses, I would than eventually have ALL my items returned
    • I gifted all three copies; I got everything back except for the left4dead bundle, which cost me 4 keys. But I was supposed to have gotten back everything
    • The trader said left4dead bundle was to cover some ‘costs’ because the copies I gave back were gifted rather than traded (But I DID return all the items and the trader never said anything about them turning into gifts
    • I am not filing a scam report because I have too little rep and no-one would believe me. Also, the trader said I was a “time wasting idiot”, said that I simply wouldn’t be believed if I filed a scam report and the trader would file a scam report on me if I “complained” again.

Attached Files:

• scam.png
      scam.png
      File size:
      214.3 KB
      Views:
  2. He@DSh0T!

He@DSh0T! New User

Steam:
    original trade offered at tf2 outpost

Attached Files:

3. dux0r

dux0r New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:20279313
    The trade in question was over the course of 2 days and as shown was a 4-Pack copy of Borderlands 2 for 3 Keys, with items/collateral/insurance in case anything goes wrong. For reference, this is a pretty common trade and you can find it from a variety of people on outpost and steamtrades for comparison.

Anyhow, he added me on Saturday or Sunday and we discussed it, he said he'd be back the following day to complete the trade. As the picture shows he traded me the following items:

2 Dec​

You traded with He@DSh0T!. 4:46pm
    +​

[​IMG]Mann Co. Supply Crate Key, [​IMG]Mann Co. Supply Crate Key, [​IMG]Mann Co. Supply Crate Key, [​IMG]Guard of the Crimson Cut-throat, [​IMG]Drum of Tales, [​IMG]Hood of the Hierophant, [​IMG]Inscribed Kills, [​IMG]The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, [​IMG]Left 4 Dead Bundle,[​IMG]Horse Armor, [​IMG]Frog Costume (Foil), [​IMG]Pyramids
    –​

Borderlands 2

3 Keys as the fee, and the rest as collateral/insurance. He activated it and the copies he received were untradable (giftable only), meaning he either didn't have Steam Guard active or he recently changed payment methods on Steam, neither of which he notified me about. He returned 3 copies of Borderlands 2 by sending them via email, this is also mentioned in the pics and I can confirm. I sent back his items in two parts after receiving the giftable copies:

2 Dec​

You traded with He@DSh0T!. 5:06pm
    –​

Guard of the Crimson Cut-throat, Drum of Tales, Hood of the Hierophant, Inscribed Kills, Horse Armor,Frog Costume (Foil), Pyramids

You traded with He@DSh0T!. 7:19pm
    –​

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thus leaving me with his Left 4 Dead Bundle and 3 Key fee for his copy of Borderlands 2. This is more than fair to cover the cost of 3 non-tradable copies of Borderlands 2 (which are worth around 3-4 Keys, 9-12 Keys total). For comparison, I've had people activate 4-Packs in the past and be unable to trade their copies, and instead of sending them back they've chosen to hold onto them in exchange for the collateral/insurance items I've received from them. In this case not only did he not chose to do that, but he's now attempting to report me as a scammer for retaining the Left 4 Dead Bundle.

Anyway, long story short, for whatever reason he failed to mention (or realize) that he wouldn't be able to trade the games back, and I kept the L4D Bundle to cover some of my loss, which is beyond fair in my mind. If it'd been my choice I would've kept his items and dealt with the loss, but for the sake of reputation I returned his items, minus the Bundle. Like I also said in the chat, I'd be willing to exchange his Left 4 Dead Bundle for 3 Keys, which works out to cover 1 Key less per each untradable copy. And while I'm partially responsible for accepting to trade with someone who is either dishonest, or more likely just doesn't know what they're doing, I'm certainly not trying to scam him.

Here's the tf2outpost trade: http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/16100170
    Here's the complete chatlog: http://pastebin.com/8ABz6evX

Attached Files:

4. He@DSh0T!

He@DSh0T! New User

Steam:
    What do you mean "dishonest", at what point during the trade did you mention the SteamGaurd complication. This is only my fourth time trading and the first time I activated a four pack, so was I supposed to be a mind-reader. Also, when you asked me to give the gifts back you only gave me a bunch of e-mail addresses to send it at, saying you would give back my items after every successful gift. At no point did you mention that you would keep left4dead bundle. Here is what you said:

1. 16:55 - He@DSh0T!: What do I do now?
    2. 16:56 - dux0r: Gift em
    3. 16:56 - dux0r: I'll send back your items
    4. 16:56 - dux0r: Next time learn what you're doing before you trade
    and
    1. 16:58 - dux0r: I'll send back a few items with each copy I get
    So when precisely did you say I would not be getting left4dead bundle back. You are the only "dishonest" one around here!
  5. dux0r

dux0r New User

Steam:
    It's a transfer of games over Steam, it's common God-damned sense to know you need to be able to trade to do so. You don't see everyone buying games on outpost adding the text "You need to be able to trade games to send games to me" because it's obvious.

If you don't know what you're doing when trading then you shouldn't be offering to split 4-Packs for long term traders. Perhaps I should've stated more clearly the risks involved, but you failed to respond multiple times and, unfortunately not shown in the pics, gave me a torrent of abuse and immaturity in the trade window. All factors combined meant you were lucky to get anything back, you were completely unreasonable and immature about the whole thing, not to mention completely clueless.

Perhaps I should've further clarified the risks involved beforehand, but you already knew the risks you were taking and why you had to give items as insurance and I'm pretty sure it's common sense to understand how to trade games. If anything this is a dispute over the value of Borderlands 2 vs Left 4 Dead Bundle, but to suggest it's a scam attempt because you screwed up the trade is ludicrous to me.
  6. ☣Ph4nt0m☣ |YBC

☣Ph4nt0m☣ |YBC New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:47979495
    Hello He@DS0T,

You have uploaded a screenshot of chat but unfourtenately it's quallity is really poor, please can you provide more clear one because i ( and probably Admins too ) can barely see what you and the Scammer are talking about, Thank You.
  7. dux0r

dux0r New User

Steam:
    P.S. I still have the Left 4 Dead Bundle and I'm willing to exchange it for 3 Keys or any reasonable offer worth 3 Keys at any stage. I don't care about the games, purely the value lost in the trade as a result of your actions.
  8. He@DSh0T!

He@DSh0T! New User

Steam:
    See, the scammer changes his story again, now claiming I gave a “torrent of abuse” and was “immature”. For goodness sake, are you now trying to tell me you kept left4dead bundle because I was immature!? As for ‘abuse’, you used more swear words than me so I have no idea where that is coming from.
    To admins, scammer himself posted legitimate chat log here: http://pastebin.com/8ABz6evX

Also, you can see the screen shot once zoomed in.
  9. dux0r

dux0r New User

Steam:
    Where have I changed my story? You were immature and the trade window was full of abuse from the moment you didn't get things your way. You've been manipulating the facts to suit your own ends since the beginning and the way you deal with people is ridiculous. I kept the bundle to cover the loss you caused, I stated that in the chat and trade window several times and I've repeated it here a further 3 times, now 4.

Yes, I tend to curse when I'm pissed off. So far you've screwed up the trade, gave me 3 un-tradable copies of Borderlands 2, reported me on Steam and steamrep, embellished the facts and given me negative rep on Steamtrades and continue to call me a scammer, and you're wondering why I'm pissed off? You're a idiotic clown and I hope nobody has the displeasure of having to deal with you in the future.
  10. He@DSh0T!

He@DSh0T! New User

Steam:
    So now you gave me revenge rep on steamtrades! I would like to stick to my point that you said:

1. 16:55 - He@DSh0T!: What do I do now?
    2. 16:56 - dux0r: Gift em
    3. 16:56 - dux0r: I'll send back your items
    4. 16:56 - dux0r: Next time learn what you're doing before you trade
    5. 16:58 - dux0r: I'll send back a few items with each copy I get
    You are just exploiting a new user to make extra profit. Plus, you make it seem like you are keeping left4dead bundle as a ransom!
  11. dux0r

dux0r New User

Steam:
    You're either the most unintelligent person to be able to form a sentence in existence, or you're purposefully missing or avoiding the point. I kept the Left 4 Dead Bundle to cover the costs of the untradable Borderlands 2 you gave me. I've stated that 5 times now, in this thread alone, and you still seem to have a hard time accepting that. I even offered to give it back in exchange for keys both here and in the chat and you were unwilling to even reply. The fact you're unwilling or unable to use your brain to work out the most simple statements is symptomatic of the fact you didn't use your brain when realizing you'd need to be able to trade games to trade with someone, causing the screw-up in the first place. Another point you're still purposefully ignoring.

You presumably read the text in the trade window before adding me, and if not it was in black and white in the chat logs as well, you knew the risk involved. The fact you're still throwing a hissy fit instead of accepting you screwed up is all the evidence anyone should need to stay the hell away from you when trading games.

If I were exploiting you I wouldn't have given you back your items, but I did, and you're still playing the "naive newbie trader". You're either a really bad con artist or your completely brain-dead, and given the context I'm pretty sure it's the latter, but I'll leave it to mod discretion.

If you're willing to compromise and exchange 3 Keys for your bundle I'm happy to do so, if you're going to keep playing ignorant, ignoring fact and reporting me on any website you can find then I'm going to keep treating you like the child you are.

If I made any mistake it was not stating that you needed to be able to trade games to trade back 3 copies, but that's pretty God damn obvious. From an outsiders perspective you want the full value you put in back despite screwing up, and I don't want to take a loss because of your mistake. So we're at an impasse. To call that a scam attempt is nothing short of being a complete dick.