1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Sharked Unusual :(

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by WaClub Jeff, Mar 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WaClub Jeff

WaClub Jeff New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:34237459
    So this guy sharked a hat last night and it wasn't even fair. http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/996500 He sharked a flies bomber (all-class hat) for 3 buds that I FOUND.

The previous owner i found on a server and since he never put it on the market no one even knew it existed and he unboxed it the same day. I really wanted it because of the book "catcher in the rye" and the hunting hat that Holden always wears and being really cool because of the flies effect which leads me to the wilderness thoughts. I asked him how much he wanted and he said it wasn't for sale and I kept nagging him about it because I definately wanted it more than he did. I offered a lot, like a Steaming Coupe + White bills (which he wanted) and a Cloudy Moon Bonk helm (my dream hat) but then he was unsure I think he was suspicious so he went into a trading server and asked around I guess and people told him 1.5 was the value and everyone went nuts and all started offering on it. He got really surprised because I told him he was the only person in the world with that hat and that I couldnt find anyone else with it so I really wanted it so he was very reluctant to sell the hat. I actually want the hat. Other people just wanted to flip it. I was willing to pay like $400 if he wanted, but he kept saying not for sale. Then this morning I found him on and realised he traded it for 3 buds (he told me he was tired of ppl annoying him and stuff). I was pissed because I was begging him for so long, longer than other people definately and definately offered more AND I ACTUALLY WANTED THE HAT. I didn't buy it to flip and make money I wanted the hat because of the CITR allusion that's my favorite book of all time. I was wondering if this new owner could be marked or something as a sharker because he sharked that hat for 3 buds, the hat that I found and would have never been traded if I never offered. Thanks :(
  2. WaClub Jeff

WaClub Jeff New User

Steam:
    the fusion admin guy (u know the one with a cookie profile pic) told me to post this here
  3. WaClub Jeff

WaClub Jeff New User

Steam:
    ooh i realise i worded this weird; I'm NOT looking for the new owner to be marked a scammer or anything im just wondering if theres anything gonna happen because i want the hat
  4. dragonhuman

dragonhuman New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:25985902
    Theres nothing you can really do other than talk with the current owner of the hat. Alternatively you could talk to the previous owner and if the current owner would allow for a buyback then you could trade from him but it all depends on the current owner of the hat. From what I read he paid for the hat fair and square even if other people misinterpreted the value of the hat.
  5. [Ultimate] Zion

[Ultimate] Zion New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:23339983
    "The previous owner i found on a server and since he never put it on the market no one even knew it existed and he unboxed it the same day. I really wanted it because of the book "catcher in the rye" and the hunting hat that Holden always wears and being really cool because of the flies effect which leads me to the wilderness thoughts. I asked him how much he wanted and he said it wasn't for sale and I kept nagging him about it because I definately wanted it more than he did. I offered a lot, like a Steaming Coupe + White bills (which he wanted) and a Cloudy Moon Bonk helm (my dream hat) but then he was unsure I think he was suspicious so he went into a trading server and asked around I guess and people told him 1.5 was the value and everyone went nuts and all started offering on it. He got really surprised because I told him he was the only person in the world with that hat and that I couldnt find anyone else with it so I really wanted it so he was very reluctant to sell the hat. I actually want the hat. Other people just wanted to flip it. I was willing to pay like $400 if he wanted, but he kept saying not for sale. Then this morning I found him on and realised he traded it for 3 buds (he told me he was tired of ppl annoying him and stuff). I was pissed because I was begging him for so long, longer than other people definately and definately offered more AND I ACTUALLY WANTED THE HAT. I didn't buy it to flip and make money I wanted the hat because of the CITR allusion that's my favorite book of all time. I was wondering if this new owner could be marked or something as a sharker because he sharked that hat for 3 buds, the hat that I found and would have never been traded if I never offered. Thanks :("

The story of what this guy said is not entirely true. Yes indeed, I bought the hat from the seller for 3 buds + lots of sweets. I posted the thread on tf2op as i was testing the waters to see what offers that i am getting. I've talked to the seller and he told me that he got offered 1-2 buds all the time. He said i offered top dollar on it. I have not paid that much for a files unusual before and i bought it solely for the reason of my sniper combo. I still have the seller added in my friend's list.

I understand that u really want the hat but u could not beat my offer at that time. The seller told me that i was the top offer and he didnt mention to me any offers of a steamping coupe+ white bills and cloudy moon bonk, so i believe ur cooking up a story which is not true at all. I added him, asked him on the current offers and apparently and made a decent offer which i personally think is a fair price.

I strongly believe that you are lying about the $400 offer, and you are posting this solely because you did not bid a fair price on the hat. If you did, the seller would have sold it to you by then. I got the hat fair and square , it is not necessary to post ridiculous accusations.

Perhaps, the seller did not want to sell to you for some reasons that i may not know and jumping into conclusions is not my style.

I strongly demand an apology for making false accusations that i shark the hat, as i believe i paid a decent price it and i believe that you are lying about what the negotiations that u had with the seller as he did not mention any of those to me.

Best Regards,
    Zion
  6. HelenAngel

HelenAngel Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:8627755
    3 buds for an unusual hat with a lower tier effect is not a shark anyway, IMHO. Now if he gave him a copy of a $5 game or something for it, that would be a shark. :)
  7. [Ultimate] Zion

[Ultimate] Zion New User

Steam:
    Check this out...EPIC fail seriously.

liar.JPG
  8. WaClub Jeff

WaClub Jeff New User

Steam:
    I did not offer him $400, I said I was willing to pay him ANYTHING, exaggerating by saying "even $400 if you really wanted, i just really want your hat" or something along those lines.
    My best offer to him was a bud, my steaming coupe + a white bills, because he didnt want my bonk helm

The hat being worth $850 was an exaggeration too, I was just trying to point out it was worth more than 3 buds and he got ripped off
  9. WaClub Jeff

WaClub Jeff New User

Steam:
    THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED, I DON'T KNOW HOW TO CLOSE A THREAD THOUGH JUST IGNORE IT
  10. [Ultimate] Zion

[Ultimate] Zion New User

Steam:
    liar1.JPG
    The evidence speaks for itself.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.