1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Should I report if already reported?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by JustFluxz, Dec 25, 2016.

1. JustFluxz

JustFluxz New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:60165287
    So, I was just curious if it is wanted for us to report those who are already reported/banned on steamrep. I have been getting impersonators saying that they want to trade and link the person who they are impersonating's inventory, but they have already been banned for said reason. Should I report them?
  2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    If you have sufficient evidence, yes!
    More offenses = harder for user to successfully appeal down the road.
  3. JustFluxz

JustFluxz New User

Steam:
    Alright, I will keep that in mind. Didn't take screenshots of past offender, but I will do it next time. Thanks.
  4. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 SteamRep Admin Friend Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918
    I see this text posted a lot, but ultimately, as the admin above posted, always report if you have the evidence, even if they are already banned.

708326553574f6a11d9efc5d23cab59a.png
  5. NikosoikonomouX

NikosoikonomouX Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:87933695
    yes you can report someone regrandlees if you are banned or not steam rep want evryone banned or not to be able to report other scamers !

but make sure you have evedence

also if someone else is allrady reported for a offense and the user affter a time do a other offense the user can be reported for the other offense for example a user can have done 2 difrend cases of scam that user can get 2 reports for 2 difrend scams difrendly that will make the user harder to apeel

also one other question do a user can get tagged by multiple comunitys for the same offense or not ?
  6. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Yep that is my common message to those already reported as to the end result but if the evidence is there it will be added to the list of offenses.
    Keep in mind that any report is searchable - issue is most users don't take the time to search.
  7. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Same offense posted on here and a tagging community will be shifted back to SR to resolve - rather than have a tag being stacked for the same thing.
    Users need to take their time to research a user before even discussing a trade - IE: a user is tagged on SR for paypal scamming and someone is wanting to do a paypal trade with them.. once they see this tag they should have enough common sense to just say no thank you- delete the user and move on.
    Not every user will continue to scam though so it falls back to SR's purpose and that is to educate users.
    People must be patient when trading and not greedy thinking its such a great deal to take a risk.
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2016
  8. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    If you are just reporting the users profile noting a link to someone else's inventory and they are already reported for that - then no that is not a different instance to report.
    Users doing this will NOT stop what they are doing and will keep the same information posted on their profile - we can't just accept 30 reports of the same thing over and over everyday because some user won't change what is on their profile (A little common sense is in order here) If the user adds you and pushes that notion and suggestion of their inventory being someone else's then yes that is in itself a different scam attempt.
  9. Edward.

Edward. SteamRep Admin Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:30537130
    Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:30537130
    The problem is that not every "trader" knows SteamRep, especially the newcomers. Most of the time people don't even check SteamRep or they engage in trades with already banned/tagged users and they believe the false story that the banned individual is telling them.

I am still here thinking this through how the hell are people not noticing banned users on SteamRep when they decide to start "cash trading"? Because all major trading sites have a SteamRep profile link directly implemented even Steam Inventory Helper has steamrep checker thingy by default, and the majority of traders are using SiH. :rolleyes:
  10. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Someone making a report against an already tagged user - clearly knows of SR and its purpose otherwise how did they know to come to SR to make the report to start with
    (Report inception ..I know)...that isn't the issue though.
    Hence my notice that the user was already tagged/banned - typically after they make the report they still don't realize this so it makes it known.
    Nothing more SR can do at that point - 99% of the users reported again won't stop what they are doing and will keep on and keep on. Hell, I've seen some make appeals and keep on doing the same thing to other users while the appeal is pending.
  11. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    and why additional valid reports help, easy to throw those appeals out.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  12. JustFluxz

JustFluxz New User

Steam:
    They were impersonating a YouTuber's Steam Profile trying to make it loojk as if their inventory is theirs too. That's what I meant. He was being very very pushy towards trading for one of my knives even though I said I didn't ahve one that I wanted to trade lol.