1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Declined SkinArena.com Application

Discussion in 'Archived Applications' started by burakos21, Jun 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. burakos21

burakos21 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:217741652
    1. SteamRep Integration
    a. Do you run Trade Servers? Please list the URL/IP of each server in your community that runs the SteamRep plugin and how many days each has been running it.
    N/A

b. Do you run a trade-related web application or community? List the URLs of the sites that run theSteamRep Web API and how many days each has been utilizing the API to block or mark scammers.
    N/A
    2. Have you made any modifications or changes to the SteamRep plugin or are you running an unofficial plugin? If so, please explain.
    N/A

3. Please list the URL of your community's Steam group.
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/RAREGI

4. Please list the URL of your Steam group containing your community's administrators.
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198395749033

5. Please list ALL admins (not in the above group) and/or moderators of your community below with links to their SteamRep profile: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198395749033

6. What are your community's policies on scamming & scamming-related activities?
    No tolerance when it comes to scamming.

7. Why does your community wish to exchange banners and become a Friend of SteamRep?
    It would become beneficial for both sides, new users, better brand recognition.

8. Please provide a link to your community's website (if applicable)
    https://skinarena.com

9. Please provide a link to your community's Sourcebans or ban/report forum.
    N/A

10. Please provide a link to your community's stats page, hlstatsx or GameMe (if applicable).
    N/A

11. Please provide additional details about your community such as how it came to be, how long it has been around, the primary goals of it, what it does, etc.
    SkinArena.com is a CS:GO fun service. By uploading CS:GO items to the pot you are participating in a game. The more valuable uploaded items are the higher are your chances to win. Games on skinarena.com are separated into two phases: Warmup and Round. Warmup phase last until at least 2 players and 2 items are in the pot. This phase was created to protect your items. For example: when you are the only player in the game, and no one else wants to join you, we won't hold your items forever. In such situation as soon as warmup ends you will receive trade-back offer with all your skins. We just want to play fair :)

12. Please post your community's desired banner (if not already on SR). Banners should be 743x70
  2. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    Please only apply on an account associated with SkinArena.com if you are representing them.

Denied.
  3. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Hi @burakos21

I'm replying to your post report where you mention I told you to post your inquiry here. It is true that someone from skinarena.com contacted us (from a different email than you registered with), and I did direct them here, but that's not why your thread was closed. Gentleman declined your application because it wasn't properly formatted, and because he couldn't verify you're really the owner. I believe he was correct in that assessment. Specifically:
    1. There is no clear indication you are really the owner of skinarena.com. No point in discussing your application if we can't be sure of who you are.
    2. In the title of your thread, you claim to apply on behalf of skinarena.com, but in #3 you point to a Steam group representing SkynetGaming.net, of which you're not even a member.
    3. #4 doesn't link to a Steam group, but your own profile.
    4. Your website clearly uses Steam OpenID for login, yet you answered the question about API usage with "n/a". You didn't even bother explaining why you feel this criteria doesn't apply to you.
    That said, in recognition and acknowledgement of Valve's public statement, and as a USC §501(c)(3) registered non-profit organization, we don't affiliate with websites or communities whose primary purpose is gambling, which your website appears to be. I did ask about this in my email to the skinarena.com admin to double-check, but didn't get a response indicating otherwise.

Yes, you need to submit an application here to become an affiliate community, as I told you. That also means you need to read & understand our guidelines, and correctly answer the questions. I am sorry if that process was too complicated - we're working on streamlining the application process and should have a new simplified form published soon™ - but you really do need to understand what we do at SteamRep if you want to become an affiliate or friend community. I recommend looking over our FAQ page. After taking some time to review our guidelines, if you think you're a good candidate, please review all of the questions, make sure all the points I outlined above are addressed, and submit a new application.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.