1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Declined: Moderator SkyCuboid's Moderator Application

Discussion in 'Archived Applications' started by SkyCuboid, Jun 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SkyCuboid

SkyCuboid New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:62745611
    Application posted below because I kept facing an error and in order to resolve it, I was recommended I do it this way by Administrator "Clive".
  2. SkyCuboid

SkyCuboid New User

Steam:
    Hello and welcome to my Moderator application.

1) SteamRep ID block pasted from your SR profile.

| steamname: SkyCuboid
    | steam3ID: [U:1:125491222]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:62745611
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198085756950
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/SkyCuboid
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198085756950

2) Are you at least 18 years of age? Timezone and nation of residence?
    I know that this a strict requirement but I would appreciate it if you read the complete application.
    I will be turning 18 on the 23rd of August this year (2 months from now).
    Timezone: UTC -6:00 (Chicago, U.S.A)

3) Please tell us about yourself (job, school, hobbies, etc)?
    I'm currently majoring in a Criminal Justice Degree, and I work part-time in a family-owned business.
    I like reading, creating content for people to enjoy and am satisfied knowing that I was able to make a positive change.

4) Why do you want to become a SteamRep moderator?
    I am a firm believer in justice and equality, and know that its not realistic to have myself become a vigilante to help the community from scammers and con-artists. So instead, I would like to do it the right way, and would be honored if I was able to offer my services in keeping the wonderful community protected.

5) How much time can you devote to SteamRep per week?
    I should be able to devote around 2 and a half hours per day on average, which totals to 17.5-18 hours a week.

6) Do you have any prior administrative experience, or similar (please elaborate)?
    I served as an administrator and an appeals manager for around 2 and a half years on a community called as the "CODE5 community" (Website: https://www.code5gaming.com/forum/) and I've always had a knack for providing justice and remaining calm under pressure.

7) What challenges do you foresee if you become a moderator?
    I foresee a lot of dedication, effort and learning (especially during the first few weeks). I also expect myself to see past the negativity that I'll be facing constantly when having to deal with toxic behavior.

8) Can you accept the fact that you must enforce SteamRep rules and guidelines?
    Yes, I can.

9) Do you feel you will have any issues denying / accepting reports and appeals?
    I do not. I faced a certain enforcement dilemma as an appeals admin on my previous CODE5 administrator position but I'm long past it.

10) Do you handle instruction and direction well?
    If the instructions are clear and complete, yes.

11) What do you feel are your personal shortcomings or attributes you can improve on?
    I am not the greatest at improvising and will hence have to rely on my fellow staff members if I'm faced with a dilemma (If instructions aren't clear).

12) What contributions do you believe you will be able to make to SteamRep?
    I have lived and grown up in 6 different countries over the course of my life and I understand the vast etnicity of people as I have grown up in varied environments. Furthermore, I am passionate when dealing with people and have video-editing/graphic designing experience. And lastly, I know the following languages, which I think would definitely help out:

English, Arabic, French, German, Urdu, Hindi and Persian (Farsi). Learning Spanish at the moment.

13) Do you have any interest in eventually becoming an SR Admin? If so, what kinds of things would you like to do? (Example- community relations, appeals, scam reports, etc.)
    I would definitely be interested in becoming a SR Admin, and would be honored if I was able to handle appeals and exercise community relations.

14) Please list all alternate Steam accounts using SteamRep ID blocks.
    | steamname: SubliminaL
    | steam3ID: [U:1:158923542]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:79461771
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198119189270
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Cyplering1G
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198119189270

15) Do you agree to the Code of Conduct and agree to abide by it?
    Yes, I do.
    16) Have you read the Duties of SR Moderators post and understand it?
    Yes, I do.

17) (If applicable) List Steam trading communities you are / have been active on and in what capacity (user, mod, admin), also give a link to the account(s) there.
    N/A

18) Do you have any questions?
    Only one. WHEN DO I START? (Please,
  3. Inu

Inu TF2Bazaar Owner Retired Staff Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:62120987
    Could you elaborate on said dilemma?
  4. SkyCuboid

SkyCuboid New User

Steam:
    Certainly. When I was hired as an administrator for dealing with appeals, the first couple of weeks were really tough as I had to make decisions on banning (temp/perm) people I knew. Furthermore, my friends tried to take advantage of my position and insisted that I don't ban them when they broke the rules. That was the dilemma I faced, and so the first couple of months, I lost friends and people I knew because of my job. I got used to it eventually, but the first couple of months were a nightmare.

Furthermore, just thought I'd clear up the last line in my application above as the last few words seem to have been cut out.

5. Xenophobia

Xenophobia Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:20973413
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating, Retired).**
  6. SkyCuboid

SkyCuboid New User

Steam:
    Just a slight update. I am now officially 18 years old.
  7. SkyCuboid

SkyCuboid New User

Steam:
    Today marks the 3 month (90 day) spot since I posted my application. Thought I'd update it with a few things:

• Just because I don't "post" on the forums, does not mean I'm not actively looking at threads.
    • I've reduced my working hours and increased my University hours by taking an extra credit class.
    • Still majoring in Criminal Justice.
  8. Inu

Inu TF2Bazaar Owner Retired Staff Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:62120987
    Does this change anything about the time you can devote to SteamRep?
  9. SkyCuboid

SkyCuboid New User

Steam:
    Not by much, perhaps an hour of difference. The reduction in working hours was compensated by the increase in uni hours.
  10. SkyCuboid

SkyCuboid New User

Steam:
    Update: 11/29 - It's been 5 months since I posted my application.

• I've finished my finals in Uni, so now have even more time to devote to Steamrep.
    • I've sold all tf2 and cs:go items and have cashed out/stopped trading to focus even more time on important stuff.
    • Just started an internship at a local law enforcement agency.
  11. Tio José das Vacas

Tio José das Vacas SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:32194479
    Gl with your app.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    SkyCuboid likes this.
  12. SkyCuboid

SkyCuboid New User

Steam:
    Update: 3/3 - It's been 8 months since I posted my application.

• Still interning at my local law enforcement agency.
    • I've been working on several projects at Uni and will be even busier now.
    • The time I would have been able to devote initially (8 months ago when I posted my application) is now slightly reduced because of I've taken more classes and my work schedule has increased.
  13. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    We have decided to decline your moderator application. Thank you for taking the time to apply.
    Clive likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.