1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

So... I can't report someone unless I'm actually scammed?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by InfernalLawyer, Oct 29, 2016.

1. InfernalLawyer

InfernalLawyer New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:42704334
    So basically, I reported a guy for an attempted scam, but the report was deemed invalid by a moderator because "I assumed he was going to scam me". Even though this guy was telling me to gift him my precious items and then he'd "send me money code". Riiight.

Anyway, don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to argue with a moderator decision, here. Your house, your rules and all that. I'm just trying to clarify whether I have to actually end up burned before I'm allowed to report someone on here. Seems a bit weird to not so much as give them a "suspected" tag or something.
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Some issues revolve around an act being more conclusive than others - its really a judgement call. In your case as I was the one that marked it invalid you can't assume the other user wouldn't follow thru with their end of the deal.

Case in point: Someone reports YOU because you and another user couldn't agree on a deal - you offered up paypal, you offered up steam wallet codes next but the other user felt YOU were trying to scam them so they make a report.
    YOU wouldn't like it very much if we banned/tagged you on that alone - when YOU would come right back and say "I WOULD HAVE PAID HIM!!!!....I'M INNOCENT"

YOU would be 100% correct - therefore we can't just take reports in some instances based on someone assuming they wouldn't follow thru.

Take some time and look thru other reports... those marked invalid, archived, accepted etc.. you will see differences and what is looked for and accepted. Tons of guides that inform people of that too but most ignore them or refuse to read them.
    Here is a good one that says we don't accept code reports like yours, so it could have been marked invalid for that reason too.
    http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/steamrep-investigative-policy.140101/

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2016
    Enstage likes this.
  3. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 SteamRep Admin Friend Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918
    Unfortunate, but that's often times how it ends up. Yknow, reasonable doubt and all that.
  4. Gara

Gara Partner Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:42629858
    You win some, you lose some. Luckily, you lost nothing. Cheers to that!
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  5. Nabert

Nabert New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:193969
    Odd deal terms are not equal to scam attempts and proof their intent is to scam you needs to be definitive and not open to multiple interpretations.