1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

So, I got community banned for "not enough evidence" for my DMCA

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by RobinsonDickinson, Feb 4, 2018.

1. RobinsonDickinson

RobinsonDickinson New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:423095636
    So, I got community banned for 1 week because my DMCA report didn't have enough evidence that I owned my artwork, I made the artwork myself and the guy who stole it, false DMCA'd me back after I DMCA'd him. So steam emails me and I explain that I made it and show them chache files on after effects that indeed I made the artwork including file dates but the support says it is not evident enough and bans me for 7 days, they denied my appeal and now I am stuck with a community ban on my steamrep. Does the "Community Ban" message go away after the ban is lifted or do I have to appeal it?

https://steamrep.com/search?q=Ovicron
  2. RobinsonDickinson

Steam:
  3. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    SteamRep has no affiliation with Valve in anyway - whatever your issue is with a community ban needs to be taken up with them not here.
    As for the tag on the SR profile - it will auto remove once its removed from their end when you review the profile or its refreshed.
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
    RobinsonDickinson likes this.
  4. RobinsonDickinson

Steam:
    Oh alright, I was more worried about my steamrep being ruined.
  5. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Archiving, what horse said is correct.