1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Some has my picture

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by SLeePeR the Wonder Man, Aug 14, 2017.

1. SLeePeR the Wonder Man

SLeePeR the Wonder Man New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:38413793
    So this user http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198296199794 has my avatar.
    From the beginning.
    He wanted to buy my knife where I said no. He then sayd i could meet him in copenhagen and get the money over mobilepay and still sayd no. Then i removed him and havent heard from him again.
    I can see from Historical Data: 06-28 21:52 he has his normal pic, but then 06-28 23:34, he has my avatar/face.
    He then changes it, and changes it one more time after i removed him from my friends list and have had the picture since..

What to do in this position ??
    I have contacted steam 3 times and no luck

Oh and btw i found his facebook because he changed his "avatar" there also to mine ADMIN REMOVED LINK

I have also reported him to facebook and some of my frinds but still no luck cus if i have my face in the open ALL may use it..
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2017
  2. SLeePeR the Wonder Man

SLeePeR the Wonder Man New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:38413793
    So i can see the user have been trying to scam many other with my face still, and i dont want to be the one trade banned or Steamrep banned because of this f✿✿✿✿er.
  3. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Well the user is already tagged - there is nothing more we can do to them although that using your avatar alone or name even isn't something we would tag alone for - must show intent to scam in some way.
    Report them to Valve as they are the only ones that can really do anything more to this user.

I've removed the facebook link - due to personal info.
  4. tugger

tugger New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:21696225
    Not to be a jerk, but why use your photo? If you make something like that free to distribute, you are handing ill-mannered users a method to harass you with.
  5. Xxmarijnw

Xxmarijnw New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:109824459
    People are free to upload whatever avatar they like (as long as they don't violate Steam guidelines), whether it's a smart move or not, is for the person in question to decide.

According to Steam's Online Conduct rules and the rules regarding Steam Community Avatars people are not allowed to upload avatars that are in any way defamatory, abusive, molestful, stalkery, threatening or otherwise violating a person's legal rights (privacy, among other things). In this case no privacy is being violated as Steam avatars are always public (even on private profiles). The avatar is however used to abusively to defame OP, which is not allowed according to the guidelines described above.