1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Someone is attempted to shark me for over 11 buds

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by [/joe], Nov 8, 2014.

1. [/joe]

[/joe] New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:90728422
    I gave him a very reasonable offer on his Strange Specialized Killstreak Ambassador with Headshot kills for 3 keys. He comes back at me with this: http://prntscr.com/54cnt2 . The unusual Troublemaker's Tosslecap Cap is Green Energy, priced at 7 buds, the Strange Festive Knife is priced at 1 bud, the Strange Festive Minigun is priced at 1 bud, the Scattergun is Professional Killlstreak, priced at 11 keys, the Vintage Lugermorph is Professional KIllstreak, priced at 1 bud, and the Flare Gun is Professional Killstreak, priced at 7 keys.

I tried adding him, but he would just decline. Can this guy receive any punishments, if any?
  2. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46928737
    No he cant. Like you stated above it was an "offer".If either party does not agree you just click decline and go on your merry way.
  3. cheatnow

cheatnow New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:43206935
    You might consider filing a scam report in the correct section.
    But this is not really handles here.
  4. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    no....why waste the time? There is no tag for "sharking" - there are no set values anywhere by Valve on in game items. Regardless of what you think something may be worth it is still what you THINK...even if you THINK you saw it posted on some site somewhere.
  5. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    We don't enforce prices here. He offered and you declined; that's how "prices" get established. We will not take action against someone for offering too low below your price, just as we will not take action against you for asking too much for that one hat.

All that said, what you described isn't even sharking. Are you new? Did he lie or blatantly misrepresent what your items and his items are worth? No, he made an offer, and you (presumably by now) declined it. No crime, no fraud, no harm done, so you both move on with your lives.