1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

SOP caution problem

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by AReallyFunnyPokemonJoke, Mar 12, 2019.

1. AReallyFunnyPokemonJoke

AReallyFunnyPokemonJoke New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:218363788
    Hi so my friend recently sent me the picture attached he said he got this picture from a user named Pøcø he also sent me the chat. Me and my friend are just wondering what caused this "SOP caution" and I want to know what SOP caution means I saw the picture said something about steam rep so decided to come here to see if I could get any reason as to why this happened.

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    This is a pretty common scam tactic right now - its likely your "FRIENDS FRIEND" was compromised or hijacked and the current user controlling it is trying to push you over to talk to some FAKE STEAM ADMIN - in fact according to the chat that is what they are exactly doing.
    I suggest you quickly report the user to Valve as being hijacked so they can take care of it. Also if you have other means of contacting your friend like discord or whatever then contact them to advise them of the situation and to take proper measures to regain control of the account.

SOP caution is also just a tag we apply here or what SOP Partner Community adds for a tag here but you are NOT in trouble with that in anyway and that is only a scare threat as I stated above.
    Zoofs likes this.