1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Declined: Moderator Spam's moderator application

Discussion in 'Archived Applications' started by Spam, Apr 13, 2015.

1. Spam

Spam New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:63967197
    Copy Info
    1)
    | steamname: Spam #Fathomless | steam3ID: [U:1:127934394] | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:63967197 | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198088200122 | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tf500 | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198088200122
    2) Hello and welcome to my Moderator Application, I'm Spam as you have seen, and I am a 13 year old male, currently living in the Middle East, in the United Arab Emirates.
    3) I am currently in grade 7 at a British Curriculum school. I have a deep interest for animation, media and solving riddles and other mysteries.
    4) I would like to be a SteamRep moderator to help the community improve and rid it of scum like phishers and sharkers and scammers.
    5) Being a student I have a good amount of time on my hands, it usually ranges 2-7 hours a day.
    6) I've owned a few groups here and there, one was the 1For1 group, a community I made with a few friends to gamble and chance. I was the owner and middleman of the whole thing.
    7) Not to let anything slip unknowingly. I will admit, I do suffer from Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, and I have a minor case or Tourrettes, causing unwilling movements. I do not see the Tourrettes as a problem online, but the ADHD may impact my, well, attention. I do take pills though, so I feel I am okay generally.
    8) Yes, I accept the rules.
    9) No, I am confident I will be a very useful moderator as I have a knack for finding things I wanna hear. I use this to my advantage to steer my brokering career into place.
    10) Yes, so long as it isn't something impossible.
    11) Other than attention, I think I am silly. Not stupid silly, like joke silly. I joke a lot, and I tend to make friends with this, but sometimes I can't stop.
    12) I believe I will be able to catch scammers and other criminals red-handed, and be able to catch someone quickly and efficiently.
    13) I would be more than happy to, but I would be fine staying a moderator for the rest of eternity.
    14) I do not have any alternate Steam accounts. This is my one and only.
    15) Yes.
    16) Yes, I've actually read that post before deciding to become a mod c:
    17) Yes um, is this going to be something hardcore, like a no fun n games job, just serious all the time? I wouldn't mind it, but as I've stated, I am a bit silly.

Thank you for reading my post, I hope you a pleasant day!
  2. Inu

Inu TF2Bazaar Owner Retired Staff Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:62120987
    4) SR does not process phishing or sharking reports.
    12) That is not what SR staff does, especially not a moderator.
    13) Contradicts with everything you said before about catching scammers and getting rid of them. Moderators do not process reports nor appeals.

Also please do everyone a favor and include the questions in your application plus add some formatting to it. The readability is extremely bad.

Note: I am not SR staff and this is merely advice.
    Roudydogg1 and Hitman Sparky like this.
  3. Spam

Spam New User

Steam:
    Oh, sorry about that, I didn't mean to be so ignorant. I'll go over the thread and change it. But uh, one second, how would it contradict?

Anyway, thanks for the feedback, I'll go over it again. Have a good day c:
  4. Spam

Spam New User

Steam:
    Also, I read over HelenAngel's guide, it seems to me like SR Mods do actually process scams.
  5. Spam

Spam New User

Steam:
    Ima just answer all your questions:

A: Sharking,yes I agree. Sharking isn't something liked, but not bannable. But phishes, don't they ban the phishing bots?

B: By catching em red handed I meant to be able to find the proof and evaluate it without difficulty.

C: I am quite sure they do in fact process reports and hand em over to admins, but not appeals. Pretty sure those are done by certain peeps.

The formatting I have to agree on. I wasn't too sure on how to format anyways, since I'm pretty new to forums like this. And I don't think that needs too much evidence.
  6. Inu

Steam:
    A: No, they don't. Neither does any SteamRep partner community as we were told not to mark phisher bots.

B: Okay, your wording made it sound like you would actively go out to pursue catching fraud in the act, which I bet no SR Staff member will have time for.

C: Correct, they hand them over to admins. They are not the ones making calls or actually tagging the scammer however. Your application makes it sound like you are looking for a position at the front, alias admin, then again this can also be attributed to me reading too far between the lines.

All in all your application reads very much like you are straight up aiming for the admin position and moderator is only your gateway to get there. This is merely my personal opinion and others may and likely will disagree on this. I am not meaning to accuse you of anything but the way you describe yourself as someone who is looking to get rid of scammers and the like it initially seemed like you did not quite understand the duties of a moderator. You apparently did so you may consider this post as invalid if you feel none of the above applies to you.
  7. Spam

Spam New User

Steam:
    Not to deny this, you have some valid points. But perhaps you thought it through not in the way I intended it to be, mainly because of lack of formatting and wrong wording. I also used some figures of speech too, maybe I should try to stray from that, as it fogs up my intention. I don't blame you though, and it is my mistake. I apologize.

Now, to fix some errors, got any idea how to edit posts?
  8. Inu

Steam:
    If the edit link does not show up for you, then you are not meant to be able to edit it. I don't remember the editing permissions of normal members, paging @Mattie!
  9. Spam

Spam New User

Steam:
    Ah, okay. Just one more question though. I feel it's quite important, as it's had me on the edge of my seat for a while. Is my age a problem?
  10. Inu

Steam:
    As far as I know there is no public disclosure of any age limit so the staff member handling this application will make the decision.
  11. Spam

Spam New User

Steam:
    Ah, okay. I remember there being an age limit, and I was really worried I might be declined of this opportunity because of the number of years I've been breathing oxygen.
  12. Spam

Spam New User

Steam:
    So, any updates?
  13. JNeb900

JNeb900 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:54289353
    Improve your app.
    1 line answers will never let your app be approved
  14. [FoG] Downie

[FoG] Downie New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:42084996
    Never bump your application and/or report. If you might have noticed, there are multiple people with an application open for a longer timespan while they are still waiting for a response. An admin will take a look at it once he/she has time for such doing.
    Roudydogg1 and Hitman Sparky like this.
  15. Spam

Spam New User

Steam:
    I do think most of the answers were around 3 lines from where I'm reading and writing from.

I've also tried to improve it, but I'm unable to find the edit button, if there is one. I doubt though, being as it could lead to some exploits. Should I re make my application?
  16. Eoj Nawoh

Eoj Nawoh Retired Staff Partner Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:40091868
    You are able to just make a reply to this thread with updated answers.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  17. Xenophobia

Xenophobia Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:20973413
    Hi @Spam

We have chosen not to accept your application at this time. Thank you for applying.