1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

SR donator doesn't mean honnest

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by wineasy, Nov 6, 2017.

1. wineasy

wineasy New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:30269434
    I'm willing to report an experience I had with an user, the guy found me on reddit steambot forum because I was looking for a script to moderate a steamgroup where i'm moderator.

We had a deal for that bot, been paid for over a month now and it never worked, talked several times with him on steam chat but he never fixed it or refunded anything. Even more, the guy clearly told me I can't do anything because you, SR, do not deal with such thing.

Anytime I trade or do business with someone i'm checking on SR and found this guy to be a SR donator, in my mind I wasn't able to imagine a scammer being a donator here and this is the sole reason why I accepted a deal with that guy.
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Being a donator here is automatic as for a tag issued - we go thru them but unless a red flag is set off at some point we don't touch them.
    It also takes time to go thru them all and we may not get to one quick enough but having a donator tag on your SR profile here MEANS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.... it just means you paid to support our cause. It has nothing to do with reputation or how honest anyone is and we've made that perfectly clear since day one.
  3. wineasy

wineasy New User

Steam:
    I up this again, I noticed that user has been reported by not less than 6 users, with mine that would be 7.
    I didn't made a report since I know it would've been marked as invalid like others, even by having all the proof with him clearly saying that he scammed me and my report would be marked as invalid).

How can you accept someone to be donator with so much reports (even if all were invalid or rejected for some reason) ?

That guy is clever, since he pretty well know the SR rules (in what you're investigating or not) he manage to scam people and never get flagged.

I subscribed to his comments profil since I got scammed by him (when I made this post) and seen at least 3, maybe 4 users crying because he scammed them as well.
  4. wineasy

wineasy New User

Steam:
    You answered above "it's automatic", but i'm still really surprised in such case the user can get/keep his donator tag.
    At some point if multiple users report him then there is obviously something wrong with him.

Beside, I made a post on reddit about that user and without any surprise I found another 3-4 users that clearly said they got scammed by him aswell, i'm really curious to know how many people he scammed until now.
    As you said, SR Donator tag doesn't mean anything (for you, SR admin), but for almost everyone, being a SR donator mean being a part of those honnest people which are helping SR because they're against scamming so ye, it help to get some reputation and look more "trustable" for sure..

Sorry but can't edit my reply above
  5. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691

We go over each donator when they donate. Donator tag does not mean any positive or negative reputation what so ever. We end up refunding a lot of donations cause of just even the smallest red flag but we have had some that donated in the past for lifetime donator tag that may have gone foul. Someone would donate $12 just to get the bare minimum tier 1 tag - then go around telling others that they are reputable with Steamrep when some don't even know what SteamRep is. We could put notices up about not accepting it as viable reputation but they would just ignore it anyway. Sometimes users edit things to make themselves look like a donator - that isn't our fault but yet users still believe it along with other things.
    Having any sorta donation notification shouldn't be any reason alone why anyone should believe someone and do a trade - always look at other factors but even then some users still get scammed even when everything looked perfect.

As for being reported and not accepted - the only reason I can think of is reports that fell within our policy for what we do and don't accept reports on such as codes, hijacking/phishing attempts. You can PM me the users info if you want and I'll take a look at them just for the heck of it.
  6. wineasy

wineasy New User

Steam:
    My information was wrong, seen six reports regarding that user id64 but all were made by that user against other users.
    Still, what I said above is right, since I got scammed by that user i'm talking about I seen some comments from other users claiming they got scammed by him and same on reddit (ye, what's on reddit is on reddit and not here, I know).

Sorry again for wasting your time.