1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

SR, how you check for "Community Ban"?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by KorDen, Oct 9, 2014.

1. KorDen

KorDen New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:29393893
    Hello. I noticed that some time ago "community ban" status appeared, which shows if that account have restricted access (I checked account that I'm sure have it and it shows that it have Community ban..)
    AFAIK, this status only visible to global Steam Community moderators and normal users can't see it in profiles. I have re-checked Steam Web APIs and not found anything that shows community ban state.
    Is that information public? (I mean, can any user check for that without navigating to SteamRep, i.e. through Steam Web API or something like that?) How do you retrieving it? (if it's not secret)
  2. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:5712733
    It's included in this API call:

Code:
    https://api.steampowered.com/ISteamUser/GetPlayerBans/v0001/?steamids=76561197971691194&key=YOURAPIKEY
    SilentReaper(SR) and KorDen like this.
  3. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    To extrapolate: SR does not have any special access to Valve that is different from any other 3rd party using steam api's.
    Mattie! likes this.
  4. Wrath

Wrath New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:30129880
    Just out of curiosity, what is a community ban? I'm only aware of bans where your account gets deactivated, and the *then* norm is to grey it out, remove private info and make the profile private. (Avatar's deleted, name changed, so forth.)

Is that were you can't use the Community at all? (Like the button on the client becomes grayed out or something?)