1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Steam doesn't care about Scammers?

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by quinsmit, Jul 18, 2012.

1. quinsmit

quinsmit New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46699822
    Guys, I just recently got scammed and I saw this guy has several previous incidents, and yet he still has his trading rights ,I mean forget about his account, seriously, why does steam protect these scammers?

There is basically no real punishment for steam scamming ie. Scammers most likely steal account then use them to offload to their real account to sell, and the policy that steam doesn't return stolen games protects these scammers winnings. Lets couple this with the fact that it apparently takes steam +/- 327 years to actually remove trading rights, it mean these scammers net $1000's of dollars worth of games in that time, before needing a new account.

Tell me guys why is steam providing incentives to scammers while doubly punishing victims. Surely if enough people pushed steam on this they would change there policies to be much more strict?

Anyway I know you guys will tell me that it easy to avoid scams, which is true, but I have been trading for 3 days days, and I can garentee I won't be scammed again. The problem is these victim are probably all these day 1 noobies like I was, getting slapped by the scammers and then again after reading the steam trading policy.
  2. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    just report the scam to steam support. With repeated reports action WILL be taken. The question remains in what extend. For that, one can also report scammers here, so they have a lasting scammer tag.