1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Steam rep scared to admit how stupid their system is

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by Bob 2, Jul 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bob 2

Bob 2 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:65038737
    Okay I just made a thread exposing the obvious, and then it was quickly deleted. Once again I am going to say not to trust this site until they come up with a better system. Why? People can easily make alts to put the +rep tag on their profile. Also they can delete -rep comments from their profile and people can make either comment for no reason. Infact, I just made a bunch of false comments of -rep on peoples profiles to prove how bad the system is. Can they delete it? Sure. Proof kids. If they can delete troll comments, they can delete legitimate ones too. Also I am going to make a post about this on the steam forums, where you hold no power to delete it. Will I get banned from steamrep for this? Sure. Do I care? No. Because I can make alt accounts.
  2. Bob 2

Bob 2 New User

Steam:
    Bump, because screw the rules.
  3. Bob 2

Bob 2 New User

Steam:
    Infact the other day I just heard someone on the forums say they got scammed by a guy with "tons of rep" I hate scammers too, but it goes to show you that this site needs to change their system to something harder to spoof.
  4. Mr.Toaster

Mr.Toaster New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:40974883
    That's not how even steam rep works? +rep/-rep means nothing
  5. Xenophobia

Xenophobia Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:20973413
    Your thread wasn't deleted, it was locked because of the absurd amount of stupidity you spew. Seriously, do you even know the subject of your insults? SteamRep is not about leaving rep on Steam profiles, nor is it for general trade reputation at all. If you did any ounce of research whatsoever, you'd know that SteamRep is a database of users banned by us and our partner communities. Bans are for fraudulent activities (scamming being the majority). The victims of such scams come here and report fraud to us, we then process the reports and issue a ban on those responsible of which is honored by dozens of sites and servers. Fun fact: We don't even support rep left on Steam profiles. I personally think profile rep is bullshit in any case, and I tell everyone not to trust it.

I'll leave a few links here for you.

FAQ
    Expanded FAQ

Now I'm going to lock this thread. Don't make any more threads unless you actually know what you're talking about.
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.