1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Declined SteamCN - Chinese Steam Users Fan Site

Discussion in 'Archived Applications' started by Lee., Nov 14, 2013.

1. Thomas Matthias

Thomas Matthias Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:36213483
    I am not sure why you are writing a wall of text trying to make your reasoning valid when there is no need for it. What you said earlier explains it really well.

We are all well aware of the fact that SteamRep has its issues. It's also stated in the public that Community Applications may take 90 days or longer to process. I never said (and I think none of our staff members did) that such time frame is a great thing and we are happy with this. It's not good and noone is trying to hide it. We have the huge backlog and noone is trying to hide it etc. etc. etc.

What I am trying to say is that the reasoning behind the name choice is very poor. In the professional part of this world you do not try to rip somebody off because you do not like him/her/them or are upset with him/her/them.

It was pretty obvious to me from the beginning what was the reason behind the name choice. I just wanted you to say this since I do not like to play the game of nice words such as "not a wise choice" to cover the reality.

My opinion is that with such poor attitude you are not the best person to run SR-like service but that's my opinion. You can have yours.

BTW https://www.traderep.org/ - as you can see you do not have to try ripping somebody off to run SR-like service/database.
  2. Xenophobia

Xenophobia Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:20973413
    Let's put it like this. We do not care that you have your own database. One of our partner communities, ROK, has the same thing for Korean users, but it isn't called SteamRepROK...

And as Thomas said, there are people sites like TradeRep and others that have similar goals to SR, and we welcome them.
    Roudydogg1 and Hitman Sparky like this.
  3. Xenophobia

Xenophobia Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:20973413
    Hello

We have decided not to accept your application at this time. Thank you for reaching out to us.