1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Steamrep affiliated communities dictating price?

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by Rob, Aug 26, 2012.

1. Rob

Rob New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:4565259
    Is this something that is acceptable so far as steamrep is concerned? It seems a bit odd to me that a trading community would attempt to create a sheet dictating the price of items. That said I find most of the reddit mods and admins to be pretty reliable folks as far as honesty is concerned. Recently there has been some issues about bias and reliability with such sheets, I'm curious as to how this will turn out.

http://www.reddit.com/r/tf2trade/comments/iwupu/rtf2trades_most_ambitious_project_yet_the_tf2/

Discuss?
  2. 94m3k1n9

94m3k1n9 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:35861668
    stupid s✿✿✿ imo. spreadshits are crap. i like backpack.tf but i don't use it as pricing site for my trades, just for a rough complete-backpack-value.
    for all my trades with tf2 items i just check what the stuff is going for on multiple trading communities.
  3. ~Mr. Turtles

~Mr. Turtles New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41811124
    Let me put it this way:

Eventually there's going to be some form of pricing, whether it be a spreadsheet, or a picture of prices from a smartphone.

-People will want it, they will try to create one.
    -When one is created (and if it is liked by a majority) , it will quickly rise in popularity because it is some form of pricing guide. Then, people will complain because they FEEL an item or several are under/overpriced, but do nothing about it because they do not want to put tons of effort into keeping the pricing guide updated hourly/daily.

What I'm trying to get at is: If something can be complained at, it will. The pricing isn't PERFECT, but it's a GENERAL guideline of where your items' prices should be CLOSE to. You can sell for as high or low as you like, it's not illegal.
  4. Eoj Nawoh

Eoj Nawoh Retired Staff Partner Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:40091868
    As long as they make it clear the prices aren't set in stone, they should be fine.

Many of the communities do similar things with PCs and etc. They're just taking on a much larger scale endeavor.
  5. a tasty serving of

a tasty serving of New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:16282053
    Would take an ungodly amount of time to ensure every price is 100% accurate and not driven up by tf2 Illuminati. Best thing you can do is use your own senses...like back before there were any guides. If you notice somethings being inflated, dont buy and warn friends. Or you can find a way to profit off of it if thats your thing.