1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

steamrep conspiracy?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Perse, Feb 4, 2016.

1. Perse

Perse New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:145333314
    So there was a guy who was buying and selling items... i sold my awp medusa for him and after he got it. he swapped it very quickly so fv would be different and sticker gone. he scammed 2 guys before for selling he's knife and after he received money he run away. also he scammed someone's bayonet. i added 1 guy who got scammed the bayonet and the guy who's money he took was my friend. currenctly trying to reach the guy who he scammed first. so i asked my friends to make a report from him (friends who he scammed) and after around 13hours all reports were rejected and VICTIMS GOT BANNED? im really sure that the guy who was scammed paid to the admin. the guy said before that he knows an admin so he doesnt care that i report him. the 3 other guys were tagged as my alternatives? usually reports take up a month to be reviewed but all these 3 were rejected inside 16hours? wtf?. so yeah... is there way to pay to admin to bann victims? and now me VICTIM got banned and tagged to alternatives to 3 other random people. (well 1 is my friend but 2 random)
    admin: http://forums.steamrep.com/members/lava.13884/
    report: http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/...counter-strike-global-offensive-items.121765/
    yeah i know this message is taken down soon.
  2. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:5712733
    Obviously there is no way to pay an admin to ban someone. If you feel the ban is unfair, please appeal and an entirely different admin will review it.

We investigate reports on a prioritized basis and one of those criteria is the number of reports against a profile. The account that was reported obviously had multiple reports against them. Apparently those were flagged as fake reports that you created-- which is a type of fraud that the trading community takes very seriously.

Definitely make your case in your appeal and the matter will be reviewed by alternative admins. Posting in this forum is not the right spot to appeal your ban.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  3. Perse

Perse New User

Steam:
    i did. i just wonder how 1 guy has canceled the same guy's reports and is he's friend....
  4. Perse

Perse New User

Steam:
    but ty for answer mattie. i already made a appeal
  5. Ninja Otter With A Taco

Ninja Otter With A Taco Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:35378805
    Just FYI, Lebro wasn't on Lava's friends list before today. Just to avoid you claiming that it was nepotism
    Katpolice, Roudydogg1 and Salmon like this.
  6. Salmon

Salmon Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:21003377
    I don't understand how these people don't realize that "friends" on steam does not mean that someone is friends. It's like saying that you sat next to someone on the bus, so you must be besties.
    advicebanana and Roudydogg1 like this.
  7. Perse

Perse New User

Steam:
    thank you :) now i cant use csgolounge
  8. Perse

Perse New User

Steam:
    i got 3 people to my ''alternatives'' because 1 was my friend before and added the second guy for discussing about the scammer
  9. Perse

Perse New User

Steam:
    hmm.... so its just a coincidence that the same admin has canceled other reports agording to the scammer before`?
  10. Salmon

Salmon Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:21003377
    Oh wow, I didn't even check much beyond the whole "steam friends are real friends" thing.

Yeah, you're just a scumbag. It takes a lot of very strict evidence for someone to get set as an alt. It's also very, very easy for admins to tell when evidence is faked, and yours was pretty blatant.
  11. Perse

Perse New User

Steam:
    well now im tagged as scammer.... maybe i should start acting like 1?
  12. Ninja Otter With A Taco

Ninja Otter With A Taco Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:35378805
    That'll just make it impossible to get any sort of reduction to your ban.
    DAFISH#got scammed D: likes this.
  13. Perse

Perse New User

Steam:
    yeah i know i already gave up. didnt know its a fraud to make false report :p. but this isn't even a real steam thingy. just 3rd p website ran by normal people. and i can always make an alt. ville is my alt but the other who got into my alt is not mine. i sold it to my friend tho and i still now password to it.
  14. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    While it's not Steam trading per se, it's still fraud. You attempted to doctor bogus evidence with the intent to maliciously harm someone's reputation, to the point of (successfully) getting them banned from other trading communities under false pretenses. Don't you see anything wrong with that? That kind of fraud hurts innocent people, and those who might end up trading with you have a right to know you might try to pull the same thing on them after their trade. Maybe you won't run with their money in a PayPal trade (like you suggested above) but if you were the trader wouldn't you want to know beforehand the other party might try to frame you? I think your inability to recognize this kind of fraud as harmful or dangerous (and in fact followed up using my decision to try and discredit me and SteamRep as a whole) only reinforces the need for your tag, but as the tagging admin that's going to be the choice of a different appeals admin.

You're not the first person to try this and I'm sure you won't be the last. Like integrity, we take our evidence standards very seriously, and cases like yours demonstrate exactly why. Is it any wonder reports and appeals take so long? The evidence requirements we adhere to mean reports naturally take time, a lot longer than it looks to an outsider. To try and remedy the backlog, we created a script that adds "unconfirmed reports" to SteamRep profiles in the interim as an early warning for the community in case someone is at large scamming. Unfortunately, that also adds incentive for people like you to abuse the report system and harm innocent people, so in order to minimize harm to innocent traders we also prioritize fake reports (which is why I keep telling people to reply in the report and report the post) and try to handle those quicker. In your case, the person you tried to frame started getting banned from communities due to the number of fake reports you lodged against them, and he tried to reach out to SteamRep staff to resolve it. I happened to accept his random friend request, asked him about the reports, and per normal operating procedures treated his case with priority and started digging once he said they were fake. In my investigation, I concluded you did in fact try to frame him, and acted accordingly. Standard operating procedures, no conspiracy like the sensationalist title suggests.

As for your "sold" account, if you still have access to it, that's enough to warrant a tag. You even used it in your report brigade. If we let it slide, you would simply use it as an unmarked account to ban evade on sites that ban for SteamRep tags and to hide your past from people who might trade with you. As such, the tag was applied to all accounts connected with yours for all to see, no matter which account you use.
  15. Perse

Perse New User

Steam:
    lel i rly wonder where u got time to write that? he didnt got banned by anything. if he got banned, it was the old case when he took someone's money and ran away. and you close the report lava.
  16. joe7dust

joe7dust New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:11393704
    Anything is possible, I bet you would turn for $1,000,000 or so bribe! ;) (just playin' devil's advocate don't hurt me plz)