1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Declined: Moderator SteamREP Moderator Application (IChugWIndex)

Discussion in 'Archived Applications' started by г. сила | IChugWindex, Oct 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. My SR Moderator Application:

I hope you consider my application as a valid application!

Information:

steamID: г. сила | IChugWindex
    steamID32: STEAM_0:1:35842782
    steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198031951293
    customURL:
    steamrepURL: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198031951293

1) How old are you, what city and area do you live in?

I am 14 Year's old.
    I live in Newport News, VA.

2) Please tell us a bit about yourself (job, school, hobbies, other)?

I am currently in an aviation school, my school is right on the airport in the city i live in. Most of the classes i take are related to Aviation or Electronics. Its cool because we get to see planes and such, like when the president came, we got to go see his plane, like 30 feet away, of course. My hobbies mostly consent of playing Video Games and being on Steam almost 24/7.

3) Why do you want to be an SR mod?

I feel like i want to enforce and tell all those scammers out there that someone is out for them!

4) How much time can you donate to SR per week?

Around 4-5 hours a day. When i get home, i normally get on my computer, hop on Steam and search the web.

5) Do you have any prior admin experience, or similar, and please elaborate?

I once was an admin on a Minecraft server, i was a pretty nice admin. I didn't have to ban anyone, i was that kind of nice guy who gave chances, you know if someone is hacking make them force update, but if i catch them again i would ban them.

6) What do you foresee as challenges as an SR mod?

I could see cases about Paypal scammers, maybe a few Spycrab Runners, and those gosh darn phish links.

7) Can you accept the fact that you must enforce per SR rules and guidelines?

I understand that i must enforce the rules that are laid out by my superiors.

8) Do you feel you will have any issues denying appeals or accepting reports?

I might have a few issues if some information is a bit fishy or someone is trying to mislead me, if so i would contact another SteamREP Moderator, or a SteamREP Admin.

9) Do you handle instruction and direction well?

Most of my technology classes take most instruction directly to pass the class, such as he assigns us to complete a lesson after he shows us the power point about it.

10) What do you feel are your personal shortcomings or attributes you can improve on?

I could improve my overall understanding of scamming, such as Paypal scams. (Learn about it, because i have never touched that section of trading, before.)

11) What contributions do you believe you will be able to make to SR?

I believe i could help get more scammers know out in the trading community so many scams are stopped before they even happen.

12) Do you have any interest in eventually becoming an SR Admin? If so, what kinds of things would you like to do? (Example- community relations, appeals, scam reports, etc.)?

I believe something like Community Relations or Scam Reports would be right up my alley, i have already have had to do many posts in the area of Scam reports, so i understand the basics of what you need to look at and what proof is sufficient enough to mark/tag someone for that crime that was committed.

13) Please list all alternate Steam Accounts by their ID64.

I don't have any alternate Steam Accounts, or as you would say, "Alts."

14) Do you agree to the Code of Conduct and agree to abide by it?

I agree to abide by the Code of Conduct stated.

15) Do you have any questions?

When do i start? :3
  2. Evanescence

Evanescence New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:19459148
    I would personally prefere someone who is more than 14 years old. AND who don't have that MANY scammers as friends.

You are currently sharing buds with a marked scammer, you admitted that on a chat.

Steamrep moderators DO have scammers as friends but it's mostly for appeal, your high numbers mostly look's suspicious to me.

My 2 cent as any users might be possibly affected by a new chosed admins AND we can always say why or why not we wouldn't prefere to have someone choosed as moderators.

Thanks
  3. Evanescence

Evanescence New User

Steam:
    Melkor likes this.
  4. Evanescence, I already told you. I know the people who are marked as PERSONAL friends. I told you twice to f✿✿✿ off, don't you get the message? I already had a talk with Helen. So please, kindly go away.
  5. Excuse my language in the post above, I have already told Evan to leave me alone on multiple accounts, i know the scammers personally and i am not deleting them.
  6. Evanescence

Evanescence New User

Steam:
    As you may know, having that high numbers of scammers as friend isn't looking good tothe community.

You are aware of the scammer and you already received a warning from Helen. The warning was related to avoid a scammer tag, as you also confirmed sharing bugs with marked scammers.

Also, let me tell you using such word and offensive language isn't accepted by many users here. Admins and mods tend to be more gentleman. Beeing insulting like that will seriously affect your reputation and if people tagged by you appeal, then they will certainly quote that offensive language.

An admin and mods need to show the example.
    Having good language and not that scammers numbers. Yeah, i do agree, some Steamrep admins have scammers as friends, but it's because they need to get in touch with scammers for appeal. In your case many have no reason to keep that many AND sharing buds with them like you claimed to.

Giving you a moderator status could be a big error IMO, ruining the reputation of Steamrep (kinda ironic) with your offensive language and suspicious activities with know scammers. Weird you are still not marked for this.

As the sticky say, it's disqualification, it's not a reason because they are "personal" friends. It's even make it worse.
  7. Like i already said, Evan. I know the scammers personally and if you have a problem, take it up with the wall. Saying one offensive word isn't going to cause anything to happen, you can't get marked for having scammer friends. Hellen told me to remove some, but i was never going to get tagged for it. Come at me if you want to try and get a tag on me, it will just be declined every time, because well, you have no proof at all. Besides that i share a pair of buds with a friend, which i've know for 2 years and he is marked. Try and use that as proof, i know these people more than you do, all i can say without you freaking out is.

"Deal with it"

*Puts Shades On*

(Oh, and please, don't try and say what you think you know, it counts as hearsay)
  8. CanadianInvasion

CanadianInvasion Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:11860924
    I'm locking this thread before it becomes a shouting match even further.

Thank you for your interest in becoming a SR Moderator. Please be patient as the admin staff reviews this application.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  9. atom-

atom- Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:19172005
    I want to thank you for taking the time to apply for a SR moderator position. However, I regret to inform you that your application has not been successful at this time.

Whatever was discussed with Helen regarding the scammers on your list, having more than 4 scammers on your list is an automatic disqualification of the application. To me, this is an arbitrary rule (very very limited exceptions apply i.e. appeals admin of an associate community). As it stands, you have 7 scammers currently on your friends list.

I also would like to add, your sentiments regarding your fraternization of marked scammers unfortunately does not bode well. You have admitted having personal affiliations with them. One of the rationales behind our stance with scammers as friends is "a person can be defined by the people they surround themselves with". I am not saying that you are consciously influenced by your peer group. However, their presence will have an influence in your life, regardless of you acknowledging it. Your attitude in defence of your fraternization, unfortunately, does not align with the mentality we try and promote at SR. This is just one aspect of the rationale and unfortunately for yourself, it is a very big part in determining the merits of potential applicants for positions in SR.

Best of luck in the future :)

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.