1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

SteamRep Partnership

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by Neobenedict, May 5, 2012.

1. Neobenedict

Neobenedict New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:26487333
    I'm just wondering (for the future) what the requirements are for becoming a partner with steamrep is - I've seen multiple new communities listed on the main page lately, I'm in the process of setting up my own and in the future *if* we get popular I'd like to know if it would be possible to get listed as well.
  2. AcesGamer

AcesGamer User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:19877328
    There are no set requirements, but it's mostly among the lines of:

-Have a trade server
    -Run the steamrep API
    -Have a decently sized community
    -Have a sizeable reputation

Also, being listed on the front page of SR =/= having trusted/scammer tags.
  3. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    First of al, there some different statuses:

1. No status, may run SR API plugin.
    2. Is listed on SR home page with their banner. The requirement is just to have the SR banner on their page and running the SR Api in kick/ban mode on the trade servers (on game servers its optional). Ther
    3. Is listed and have their own tags. Quite stiff requirements, where all admins of that community are being checked out. Community needs to be known around, run trade servers, have a report/appeals system with listed evidence which may be in a private subforum etc. It must be worth it to carry the tags.

Currently the number of communities with having tags are rapidly growing, which lays a quite heavy burden on SR to keep up with all of their tags.

Status 1 and 2 are fairly easy, status 3 is quite hard to get, and the community must be of note within trading, and actively seeking to ban scammers. (sr api is passive, as in: only need to install, with active I mean active ban for reports, keeping evidence, having a appeal process, being fair with it, etc).

As this question pops up quite often, I think I may write a topic on it.
  4. Neobenedict

Neobenedict New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:26487333
    Ah, thanks. I'm pretty sure we can get number 2 in a week or two, we plan on having 3-4 trade servers, and will be using Sourcebans for banning and have multiple forums for appeals/other things.