1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Steamrep profile tags UPD GST

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by Sebastian Nielsen, May 22, 2016.

1. Sebastian Nielsen

Sebastian Nielsen New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:5443765
    I wonder, what is the tags green UPD for? It says unknown profile, but when I click on it, its not unknown at all.
    Same with red GST.

What are the acronyms UPD and GST, and why does these say Unknown profile until I click on them?
  2. Knucklejoe

Knucklejoe New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:46918739
    If I remember correctly, UPD is short for update, GST is short for ghost. It just means those users haven't been put in the SteamRep database yet, no one has looked them up here until now.
  3. Knucklejoe

Knucklejoe New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:46918739
    I suppose UPD could be for Unknown Profile Detected or something like that. Pretty sure the rest is right.
  4. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    not all accounts have been viewed on SR, and we certainly don't want to. There are like 300+ Million steam accounts.

UPD:
    Accounts that where never viewed on SR before. Some don't like that, and view all their friends profiles (looking at Knucklejoe). I find it a perfect example of those that aren't trading anyhow. If they where never looked up, then there isn't a report against them, they where not trading, they where not looked up by others, or by themselves. It actually says some about the profile: not interesting to continue investigating.

GST:
    Profiles that haven't been set up on steam (any new profile that they didn't set privacy/avatar/info on yet). Well, the last time it was looked up on SR anyhow... they might have set it up by now.
  5. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    If you reload those profiles, you may find they no longer say "UPD". We only have caches of profiles that someone looked up. Once a profile is searched for the first time, our database automatically saves a snapshot and from then on displays the most recent name/avatar instead of the UPD/Unknown status. We don't have the bandwidth (or API access) to capture every Steam profile in existence. Nor do we have a reason to, seeing most of the Steam community does not trade and non-traders are of limited interest to traders worried about getting scammed.
  6. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Using search would have answered your question, please use search before asking anymore questions.