1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

stupid stubborn desperate friend got scam.

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by oyAn, Oct 10, 2013.

1. oyAn

oyAn New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:54804699
    well the scammer is http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198037528066
    victim http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198037528066
    story:
    my friend who is the victim got a CSGO item worth ard 50$ on market+awp which is around 10$.
    he wanted to buy a item on valvestore which is worth 60$.. first he ask me wheather i want to make deal with him.. he said he would trade me the items then i have to help him buy the item on valvestore..
    well i agreed, but i said it has to be end of the month as i have to wait for my Pay.
    Then yesterday he traded me the items.. i check the pricing on steam market.. it drop 10$ lesser.. i ask him if he have any more items to add up to 10$.. he dont have it..then he change his mind to ask me help to buy some steam games.. i agreed and he name few games.. i head down to some trading sites and search ..10-15mins he msg me saying not to buy anytin.. say he found some1 to help him buy the item on valvestore..
    then i was curious.. i ask him to give me the link of the person.. (link ontop) his profile cant be seen(private)
    so i ask my friend.. "Do u know him in real life?have any real contacts etc?" He said No. then he tell me to wait let me ask for a contact.. the scammer give him a email a.k.a only contact : [email protected] then he tell me this is his contact.By looking at the email name i 100% knew its a scam.. i warn him "its a scam.. dont trade with him etc.. dont give him anything..explain to him what will happen after he traded the item to him all he will get block etc" after like 10-20mins of me giving him advice and he not listening.. i gave up and told him "for the last time.. its a scam u will lose all ur item and he will block u,dont say i didn warn u" Then stubbornly he still traded his item worth 60$ to some stranger claiming he will buy for him the item on valve store...well after he trade the items 1-5mins.. he start spamming at my steam chat that he cant find the guy in his friendlist.. saying he got block..

Well i google the scammer steam link number
    . he is a member in most "trading sites"
    so his a so called not new in trading..

While my friend is a so called "newbie trader" who does not check or even think..

Now question is.. i still feel sad for his lost.. so should i make a report of this? ask him submit a report ticket to steam ?
    there isnt any solid proof like steam chat... just his trading history showing he giving the item to me.. then i return him.. then he giving the item to the "scammer".. :3
  2. Sari

Sari Helpful Member

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:50710336
    Users that have been scammed should always make a report to Steam Support no matter what, as Steam Support has access to all chat logs if I'm correct.
  3. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    no, steam support has not really access to chat records, that it seems sometimes so is cos the reporter or defender kept them.
  4. oyAn

oyAn New User

Steam:
  5. oyAn

oyAn New User

Steam:
  6. oyAn

oyAn New User

Steam:
    Made a report to steam. he is now trade banned by valve :D thanks for advising to make a report :p
    Sari likes this.