1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Subject: 76561198078201101 Neffy (SR Scammer)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Neffy, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Neffy

Neffy New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:58967686
    |steamID: Neffy
    |steamID32: STEAM_0:1:58967686
    |steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198078201101
    |customURL: (not available, when searched another user comes up)
    |steamrepURL: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198078201101
    I have recently realized the reason I was getting banned from the TF2 Warehouse and TF2 Outpost. I sincerely had no understanding why, until it said that I should come here to find the reason why. I had Treemo (Norian, tosturoven) on my friends list. I had no idea that he was marked as a scammer, and he is my brother who has been playing this game for 2 years now. I decided it was best if I took him and all other suspicious looking players off my friends list. The evidence I have is that I just recently acquired TF2 and have a blast playing, and trading it. Especially using the appliances such as TF2 Warehouse and TF2 Outpost. If I knew that by adding a scammer, my brother, that I would get these taken away. Also I don't think I'm so stupid as to go and scam people because to be honest, I got scammed for a Strange festive buff banner, and it felt awful. Of course it's just a game, but regardless I would not want to recreate that feeling for another player. Unfortunately I do not know any screen shots or actual evidence to post along with this, mostly because I can't think of anything other than taking a picture of my brothers laptop screen and username with my phone, but he isn't home at the time. I hope this is enough to remove this tag which is unfair for me. I feel like I just want to stay away from my brother's TF2 account.
    Thanks for reading,
    Neffy
  2. Neffy

Neffy New User

Steam:
    This post regarding my ban for being accused of being an alt account of my brother, Noriana (76561198041233931), was made at a time in which I didn't fully understand why I was banned. Now, after being fed up with not able to bet and trade on dota 2 lounge, I made another effort, seeing that I was accused of being an alternate account. This is my updated appeal.
    My brother, Noriana (76561198041233931), and I play in the same house. Because of this, we share the same IP. We can not change this. This is all I was wrongfully accused of. I am not an alternate account of my brothers. It is true that he has scammed, but I had no part in this. I would like my SteamRep to be cleared so I can continue to bet and trade on sites like Dota2Lounge.
    Thank you for reading.
    Neffington
    (Nickname: Neffy)
  3. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Hello @Neffy,

Read this topic: http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/appeal-tips.66354/
    And please pay special note to the following point(s):
    #7: What are Alts?
    #8: Public profile, public backpack on ALL your accounts
    #22: Providing Inventory History

Your backpack is private. Please correct this.

Do you have any other accounts which may be tied to you? This includes friends, family, etc. who may use the same computer or live with you.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**
  4. Neffy

Neffy New User

Steam:
    Hi Lava,
    Sorry for the delayed response, I gave up trying after how many attempts I made. I have two brothers each with their own steam account. My inventory is now public.
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198041233931 Older Brother's SR banned account
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198048997249 Younger brother's VAC banned account
    As you can see my brothers aren't always up to good but I've openly told them to stop scamming/doing things that aren't allowed.
    My younger brother still lives in the house but both my older brother and I have both started college and are normally not in the same house anymore.
    If you need me to answer anymore questions, I'll set this thread on watch so I actually receive emails when someone replies.
    Thanks for looking into this, I had a pretty rough go on steamrep because I didn't understand the policies for appeals back when I was younger.
    Thanks again,
    Neff
  5. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    @Lava please expedite this case
  6. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    Any others?
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**
  7. Neffy

Neffy New User

Steam:
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198126023275 I forgot about this one. This was my trading alt because I was I couldn't access trading sites on my main. I'll double check the backpack is public.
    My younger brother told me he had like 6 accounts that we're all VAC banned or something of that nature, if you'd like I could try and get as many of them as possible.
  8. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    Has anyone else other than you used your account (including but not limited to your brothers)? Have you ever used anyone else's account? Does anyone other than you have any kind of access to your account?
    Hidden Content:
  9. Neffy

Neffy New User

Steam:
    No one else has ever used my account nor have I used anyone else’s account. No one else has access to my account.
  10. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    Have you and your brother ever played any games together?
    Hidden Content:
  11. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    Notes
    Hidden Content:
  12. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    Following a comprehensive interview and investigation, I am fairly confident this is, in fact, a different person who periodically lives in the same household with a scammer brother. As such, I am granting the appeal and removing the tag.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating, SteamRep Partner Members).**
    Hidden Content: