1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Sugjuttin: janitors pls

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by [Strut Sec] Bruceatsr44, Aug 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [Strut Sec] Bruceatsr44

[Strut Sec] Bruceatsr44 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:40275477
    Seeing as the biggest problem with this community (aside from shitty admins and vague rules for aformentioned admins to misunderstand and misuse) is that everything takes to long. This is even more infuriating when you considering how many invalid tags are given out (I hope you guys recognize this as a problem). Both these things together make this site more of an inconvenience to me and my friends than anything else.

To reiterate my main point: We need janitors because to many invalid tags are given out to have such a slow appeal system.

The only problem I can see is that the janitors would have to be appointed by the admins, and I don't trust those, busy, individuals.

inb4 u and ur frends got marked bcus ur scammers, u crasy gooze
  2. Melkor

Melkor New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:45978671
    "aside from shitty admins and vague rules for aformentioned admins to misunderstand and misuse"
    "We need janitors because to many invalid tags are given out to have such a slow appeal system."
    "The only problem I can see is that the janitors would have to be appointed by the admins, and I don't trust those, busy, individuals."

So you recommend to choose some janitors, hm maybe some good candidates like you, and do not trust the admins as they're only giving invalid tags and marking "good" people?
  3. Chaos

Chaos Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:33058557
    Can you cite any of those invalid tags you're talking about?
  4. [Strut Sec] Bruceatsr44

Steam:
    I created this as a bit of a joke to myself (What kind of site owner would listen to the community to improve the site?? inorite) but since you seem so protective feel free to read this:

http://tf2r.com/f/threads/ask-a-steamrep-admin-questions-comments-about-steamrep.3469/

Helen finally came back and answered some questions after several months (not that anybody cared anymore) but that doesn't much detract from the point it puts across.

You're putting words in my mouth. I never suggested myself as a candidate, and I didn't say they're only giving tags to good people; But your implying these things suggests you want me to have said these things so that you could've called bullshit on this idea.
  5. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

Too much to do all that in a fast post, but I do remember "Boelens" he's a dutch 15/16 yo kid, I denied his appeal, for he scammed, he came back later with alts.
  6. [Strut Sec] Bruceatsr44

Steam:
    Um, wat?
  7. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

I left enough references there that you can find it.
  8. Eoj Nawoh

Eoj Nawoh Retired Staff Partner Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:40091868
    SR has Moderators, who help lessen the load on the admins.

Unless you're suggesting a position that just unmarks people?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.