1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

TF2 Outpost Fundraiser

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by CanadianInvasion, Mar 12, 2013.

1. CanadianInvasion

CanadianInvasion Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:11860924
    Hi everyone.

This last weekend (Sunday, 10 March), There was a fire at one of our Community Admin's house.

Pretender has lost his house in a large electrical fire. Fortunately everyone escaped the house in time and nobody was hurt.

That brings us to this Friday.

Sneeza and Vintage Cobra have generously organized an event to help generate funds to help out our friend.

This Friday, from 12am to 12am Saturday (GMT), the TF2 Outpost Twitch TV page will be hosting a stream.

We hope you will join us and help out!

More details to follow on donation info when I get a hold of it.
    Melkor, Pretender, Teeird and 2 others like this.
  2. Chaos

Chaos Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:33058557
  3. TradingCo

TradingCo New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:61150066
    Hearts go out to pretender and family. Would it be possible to donate TF2 items? Or should I sell my own items or purchase items from Chaos as well. I assume only paypal since this is the easiest and quickest form for us to help him get back on his feet
    Pretender likes this.
  4. Chaos

Chaos Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:33058557
    I believe Sneeza and Cobra will be taking item donations at some point. They haven't worked out all the small details yet.
  5. TradingCo

TradingCo New User

Steam:
    Ok, awesome, its really awesome to see all these people from an online community coming together to help an admin who has lost so much, its really incredible and i hope that i can lend a hand in what ever way possible.
  6. Dronefly

Dronefly Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:41413966
    Please provide donation link so I can send some cash! :)
    Pretender likes this.
  7. Teeird

Teeird New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:44724269
    I bid $30 on Chaos's backpack for the cause. If I do get them, I'll be giving them away for William to do one of those free raffles, of I'll give them to one of you guys so you guys can sell them for extra cash to go to the guy.

HomeTip: Like I told Helen, most electrical fires involve your light switches malfunctioning and catching fire... I've read you have around a week's notice before they go boom, and the easiest way to tell is if when you click the lights, they sound much louder, and everywhere around them (walls etc) is very hot. When you notice that, fix them immediately.
    Pretender likes this.
  8. wic

wic New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:1874586
    Wow, I wish Pretender and his family the best and good luck in getting everything back in order.
    More than happy to donate one of my unusuals to this cause, and letting people know to tune in on the stream.
    Pretender likes this.
  9. Xenophobia

Xenophobia Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:20973413
    There's still no conclusive results from the forensic investgators yet. There's still a few probable causes on the table. Could have been electrical, could have been a cigarette. We just don't know at this point.

Right now, we continue to hotel hop (did it again today) until we find a long-term residence.

I just want to thank everyone who wants to help out, I appreciate it.
  10. TradingCo

TradingCo New User

Steam:
    Also, pretender, i posted on your Steam wall regarding your hotel hoping situation, my father and i know a few people here and there that aid with hotels and such. I dont know them personally, but my father seems to. If you want i could phone a few of them and ask where they have locations and such. They apparently helped people during hurricane sandy, and i dont see why they would not aid somebody in your current situation.
  11. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    I don't know the country for which you are located but if US are you getting help from the local and other higher sources from which they are designed?

How is you're insurance situation....are you the home owner or just living in the residence?

Looking to help while also curious so I know HOW I can help.
  12. Xenophobia

Xenophobia Retired Staff

Steam:
    Insurance is covering a lot of things, including hotels. Red Cross is donating a good chunk too.
  13. Teeird

Teeird New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:44724269
    If you want, I could just donate $25 for the cause, and let Chaos continue selling his backpack to bring in more money for the cause.
  14. CanadianInvasion

CanadianInvasion Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:11860924
    Stream has concluded! Big thanks to everyone that turned up.

Shout outs to Sneeza and Cobra for organizing this in such a timely manner, everyone hosting the livestream, and of course those that donated to the cause!

Preliminary numbers after the 24 hours:

Cash Donations: $2944.33
    Item Donations: HUGE thanks to Hotlesbianassassin for his donation of 35 (yes, thirty five) unusuals. Numerous others donated great amounts of items to help the cause - ballpark value of all the item donations: $8000+

Thanks again!
    Regen, TradingCo, Oz' dak1ne and 2 others like this.
  15. Xenophobia

Xenophobia Retired Staff

Steam:
  16. Zyddie

Zyddie New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:23306550
    Good luck with it all Pretender and hopefully you will be back on your feet quickly ^^
  17. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

Corrected that for you....
    samhudson333 and Scooty Puff Jr. like this.
  18. Zyddie

Zyddie New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:23306550
    i rather have him on his feet than in his computer chair tbh :)