1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted TF2 TRADER Community Application

Discussion in 'Archived Applications' started by Àñtï-Prøtëšt [SA / MM], Jan 17, 2013.

1. jameless

jameless Guru Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:19765576
    The mere fact that you posted that shows that you don't understand that 'you know who' had mishandled reports and appeals for the previous TF2-T tags...
  2. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:32783182
    Well I can tell you from personal experience and other reports that I've read on their website that reports and appeals are still often being mishandled by TF2-T.

When I was marked the first time (when I was hijacked) I asked EOJ to remove my ban. He said he could not and that he had to ask Anti to do it. He did and I don't know what happened between the two, but I do know i was never unbanned.... I then went directly to Mr. Protest to ask him to unban me. He said he would... It never happened. I asked him again, same response, same result (I gave up after the 3rd request because it became clear to me, this man was to lazy to help anyone but himself). I was not unbanned by this man.

I've seen him also reject appeals without reading them, that's a bias if I haven't seen one. The way TF2-T handles appeals is absolutely unacceptable I definitely think you guys at SteamREP should review their process *VERY* closely and how certain admins handle appeals, before accepting this community.
    Ambidextrous likes this.
  3. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    Frankly, you guys at SR think that Blackened was the whole issue, I see it otherwise. Blackened a lot of issues, from sharking to stealing trades... What I've seen Anti do is far worse than that, going as far as lying about hat values in order to get hats he wants for cheaper. The power he holds over TF2-T is astounding. The members of that community hold Anti up on a pedestal like he's some sort of all knowing god, but that's not true. He abuses that power.

Try to explain this one anti, I surely never forgot this story, then again, I don't forget much.

One day I was on TF2-T and Anti was selling his Stormy Team Captain (this was when stormy was tanking, Stormy TCs had buyouts at ~11-12 buds and were selling for ~10)... A kid came in with a hearts modest and Anti decided he wanted it. He told the kid his modest was worth ~14 buds (breaking his own rules, which state that there is NO PRICE CHECKING ON THE SERVER WITHOUT THE HAT OWNER'S PERMISSION) and that he should take his stormy TC (worth 15 buds, he said) for the modest. Anti proceeded to get the entire server to agree with him that it was "Good deal." This literally went on for an HOUR as Anti and others called the kid "an idiot who is going to be missing out on profit." Modest's at the time were REJECTING 14 pure on outpost, while Stormy TCs were accepting 10, so this kid missing out on a profit was just blatantly not true. By the end, Anti-Protest even went as far as saying he will add some good sweets (most likely 1-2 buds??? I did not log the exact amount) and still the kid didn't want to do it. Ultimately, the kid caved and took Anti's stormy TC, because of the pressure from the server owner and others.

Anti sharks members of his own server and covers himself behind his massive following... Blackened never had a following like Anti and Mudguts' TF2-T does today. I'd think sharking members of your own community, who look up to you, is far worse than sharking randoms, but that's up to the readers of this message to decide.
    BBonkers likes this.
  4. VenGanZa

VenGanZa User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32312479
    Honestly ForteSP did you read Canadian's post?

Perhaps it is time to accept the fact you are banned, and stop trolling all over the place, you are not winning many friends with your efforts.
  5. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    1) I don't care if I'm banned from your servers
    2) I am not trolling, do you know what trolling means? I am supplying facts about the owner of the server which could help one who has a say on this application, make their decision

I don't think there is anything else for me to say here.
  6. Scooty Puff Jr.

Scooty Puff Jr. New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:34050552
    I would just like to remind everyone about the new policy. If you want to trash a community, do it else where and not on their application.
  7. HelenAngel

HelenAngel Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:8627755
    Locking this thread as it has turned into nothing more than people trash talking, as Scooty said.
  8. Chaos

Chaos Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:33058557
    1. I was never admin for EOJ. I was offered a position but declined.
    2. I do feel that TF2 Trader has come a long way and deserves a fair shot.

As long as we have a clear communication structure that avoids any past bad feelings, we can move forward together to help make the entire community a better and safer place.

I'm sure that anti protest and mudguts will be pleased to know that I won't be involved in that communication process.
  9. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:5712733
    Thanks, this banner has been approved and is on our front page now. Thanks for your help in fighting scammers and working to keep the community clean! We really appreciate it.
  10. Xenophobia

Xenophobia Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:20973413
    Congratulations! :)
  11. thanks guys and gals we have done much to rebuild and will continue to strive to improve the TF2 community as well as ours...thanks again..
  12. VenGanZa

VenGanZa User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32312479
    Thanks to all SR Staff, especially Helen, Mattie, Chaos, Pretender, Datastorm et al, along with all the TF2 players who have supported TF2T and encouraged our direction.

I look forward to closer working ties with SR over time , and will do my best to uphold the highest standards without fear or favor.
    Pretender likes this.
  13. Damanson

Damanson New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:52850258
    If it matters, I have seen the way Anti,MuDGuTs,VenGanZa and many other adminsof TF2-T interact with traders from the eyes of a trader ( MY EYES!) What some people believe is sugar coated, I know the real TF2-Trader and I don’t see the comments posted by Anti,MuDGuTs or Venganza as stretching the truth in anyway or sugar coated. There polite, they have moved on from past problems, they have helped myself and many other trades with most problems that have come up on the server or not. If they can’t help an Admin will show you to someone who can.

People get paid for keeping the “streets clean” and making new places to hangout to make new friends, The kind people of SR and TF2-T along with many other trading community’s do it just for the satisfaction of knowing that they are helping “keeping the street clean”