1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted TF2 Warehouse

Discussion in 'Archived Applications' started by TF2WH, Jul 8, 2012.

1. Rob

Rob New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:4565259
    This is ignorant. This hold is indefinite (see: forever) if the tag isn't lifted. This holds no bearing on weather or not the items traded on TF2WH were of any dubious origin. This is scamming a scammer, which is against SR policy (see:scamming). To imply that there is some shade of grey where is not, is to be giving credit where credit is not due. (the pun was intended)
  2. homeyhomedawg

homeyhomedawg New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:41864988
    There is no such thing as put on hold when they already have the items. Do you know what inflation is? It's when you create too much currency and the value of it relative to everything else falls. By keeping millions of credits that don't belong to them, they are able to create more currency and sell it with no risk of inflation as they already have extra items to sell which don't belong to them
  3. Eoj Nawoh

Eoj Nawoh Retired Staff Partner Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:40091868
    But is it really stealing? Because generally that involves someone using deception and taking their items for their own gain. However, let's say a scamming gave a SR admin items, and it turns out these items were stolen from players. If the SR admin gave the items to the scammed individuals it would not be scamming, because the admin is not gaining from it and not getting such profit.

It would appear WH is doing something similar, they are holding the credits, because they may have been attained through scamming. They aren't using it for their own benefit or getting them by deception.
  4. TF2WH

TF2WH Friend Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:21816563
    1. There's a tiering system that limits how much we can be fenced based off how long they've been users and the number of items traded to us and the value of items traded to us.
    2. In the past we have returned stolen items back to the owners in the case where it is still in our system.
    3. Yes this is how it works at the moment, although it may change (below).

Hey look, I don't have a good answer to the above. Ultimately I think that Valve just don't want us accepting new items from any marked scammers. I guess I could write to them and ask them if it's ok to amend our agreement to allow them to withdraw their credits only once they are marked as a scammer by SR. Perhaps after a waiting period it may be okay. I'm willing to take SR admin feedback into account here, what do you guys think?

Thanks for misquoting me to your advantage many times. Also regarding xago (the 10m credits guy), he is not banned and his SteamRep is clean. His was just a Steam lock, and he's waiting to get his account(s) unlocked.
  5. homeyhomedawg

homeyhomedawg New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:41864988
    I don't think you seem to get the fact that they are holding the ITEMS which were sold to get those credits as well. And it is completely a scam, no questions about it. Never before tf2wh came back online today, did they ever state that they would be affiliated with steamrep and not trade with marked scammers at all. Everyone traded their items to tf2wh TRUSTING that the credits they received would be spendable on ITEMS later. They completely abused this trust by banning everyone with NO WARNING, not letting the credits be spent, and holding them indefinitely (if even indefinitely). Meanwhile they are PROFITING from this by being able to create extra credits which they clearly sell for CASH.

On a side note, they are also holding countless consigned unusuals which they won't return and it clearly says on their home page that after July 1, any consigned item left expired or unpriced for 30 days would be forfeited. I've had experience appealing to steamrep and things usually end up taking over 30 days for a final decision.
  6. Rob

Rob New User

Steam:
    Even if I accidentally took someones phone from a bar, got home and threw it in the garbage. I still stole it. I had no intention, and gained nothing... but I stole it.

This isn't fluid dynamics, there really aren't many complexities to this issue.
  7. Eoj Nawoh

SteamRep Admin:
    Anyway, I'm not a WH admin, but they have a few options. But I understand that until things get settled out, they have reason to be hesitant to risk getting marked and all. There needs to be a well thought out solution.

If they need any help, I'd be glad to help in anyway I can. Anything to help the community.

*Whoops Double Post*
  8. daemon

daemon Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:26049181
    hi guys i would like to make my customary addition to these threads

scamming scammers is scamming

silly rob, fluid dynamics is easy stuff

the point of the dissenting posts in this thread is that the current choice of action is not well thought out
  9. TF2WH

TF2WH Friend Community

Steam:
    I've sent an email to Steam asking to amend our agreement to just stopping SteamRep scammer marked accounts from trading TO us, but still allowing them to withdraw. I'll let you know their response. Turnaround on this is expected to be at least 24 hours.
  10. Eoj Nawoh

SteamRep Admin:
    But from what I can see WH said they were instructed to do so, meaning they had no choice. Having a discussion in a topic meant for it would most likely yield a better result than posting here or attempting to report them.
  11. TF2WH

TF2WH Friend Community

Steam:
    Fair enough, but I have an agreement with Steam to act in a certain fashion. I won't go against this unless they agree to make a concession to allow me to do so.

I've sent off the email, lets wait to see what he says. If it's "Yes, you can do this" then it's all fixed and nothing else to worry about. If it's "No" then we'll deal with the fallout then I guess..
  12. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Still not seen that excerpt of under what conditions WH is from valve. I don't need it public if you don't want it to, but knowing the exact limits that where set, can help in finding a agreeable solution.
  13. RAYCHARLESWITHNIGHTVISION

RAYCHARLESWITHNIGHTVISION New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:16856916

There you have it folks, leave it at that.

Im in full support of the scammers having their accounts locked. If I had it my way their credits would be forfeit, no nonsense.
  14. imphasing

imphasing New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:17202775
    So you support stealing scammer's items? Nice. Super legit.
    Rob, homeyhomedawg and Jailbait like this.
  15. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    While we of SR are all for banning scammers from trading sites/communities/servers, we are not about "taking away" their stuff in whatever form. Sometimes there is no other possibility, and then the possible alternate ways should be explored to get a satisfactory result. There have been a number of such "incidents" where solutions where found. once I know the exact agreement, I can think about it and explore in discussion with WH what is agreeable/possible/etc.
    I do like their initiative to take the discussion to valve in this.
  16. TF2WH

TF2WH Friend Community

Steam:
    Just to keep you up to date, after talking to various admins of SR, we have decided to implement an appeals process of our own, dependent upon the account-holder first having attempted to clean their SR rep.

Our policy is now:
    * If they attempt to clear their SR rep and succeed, we will automatically unban their accounts.
    * If they fail to clear their SR rep, then they may begin an appeal process with us.
    * When we process the WH appeals process, our only concern is whether they pose an ongoing risk in trading stolen items to us and by extension our other members.
    * Should we deem them to be not a threat, we will reinstate full access to our site.
    * Should we deem them to be an ongoing viable threat, we will reinstate them access to withdraw their current account balance.

This process is obviously rather protracted, but if they jump through the hoops, they will at the minimum gain access to their due credits.
  17. Rob

Rob New User

Steam:
    This seems to be an absolutely ideal solution, bravo sir.
  18. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    Has valve agreed to this?
    Eoj Nawoh likes this.
  19. Eoj Nawoh

SteamRep Admin:
    I imagine that should be your first concern.
  20. TF2WH

TF2WH Friend Community

Steam:
    I have explained the process to them, the only thing they were really concerned about was the possibility of people getting automatically unbanned, so hence the manual process they are okay with.