1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

TF2OP Admin Hacket servers !

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by [OBC] Oliver. ¤{Norway}¤, Oct 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [OBC] Oliver. ¤{Norway}¤

[OBC] Oliver. ¤{Norway}¤ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:4099893
    Victim [OBC] Servers.

|steamID: [OBC] Oliver
    |steamID32: STEAM_0:1:4099893
    |steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197968465515
    |customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/76561197968465515
    |steamrepURL: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561197968465515

Hacker:
    |steamID: Regen
    |steamID32: STEAM_0:1:23013129
    |steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198006291987
    |customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Regen123
    |steamrepURL: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198006291987

Screenshots: The .zip file contains .log file (unmodified) and .docx (Highlighted). .log file is from our server 2. .docx is highlighted with red text + bold text.

Description:
    This user: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198006291987

Did hijack our server’s trough HLSW and banned all moderators and Admins at our servers.
    He also run server commands like sm_unban @all and used all commands possible to mess up our servers. That made our servers to close down for several hours and a lot of work to get the servers up again and to work property. He did this on 3 of our TF2 servers.

I went to our log files on servers.log files and did find the proof for this. You find it under here.
    He is Admin on other servers like Tf2 Outposts servers, is that how TF2OP Admins are attacking others servers this days?

1. The steam_id and ip adress does match the steam profile to regen. 100% match!
    2. We have already reportet this to steam as well, hopefully they will take some action on this.
    3. I have run [OBC] servers for over 2 years now, and never experiense a Admin from others communety did something like this before.

Attached Files:

D2Girls likes this.
  2. Chaos

Chaos Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:33058557
    SteamREP deals with Scam and things to do with trading. This has nothing to do with trading.

Not that it's any of SteamREPs business, but how did Regen gain access to the OBC servers?
  3. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

I'll look later at the logs, HLSW uses the RCON access of a server (which you should PW lock and IP whitelist anyways, check allied mods guides etc).

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  4. [OBC] Oliver. ¤{Norway}¤

Steam:
    Chaos Super Effective!

Question 1: SteamREP deals with Scam and things to do with trading. This has nothing to do with trading.
    Question 2: Not that it's any of SteamREPs business, but how did Regen gain access to the OBC servers?

Answeer 1: We know this is has nothing with trading to do. But there is no way to get hold on Sneeza the owner and creator of TF2OP. And my earlier experinese is that he protect he`s dear Mods for al the cost. So i just put it out here on the discussion forum so people can see the fact that TF2OP Mods hacket our servers.

Answeer 2: We were confused first but if you read the .log file it says that he runs rcon command. Our guess is that he probably cracked the Rcon password and probably used HLSW type of program. He didn't have access to the server files but he had access to every rcon command.

DataStorm Administrator

Wrote: HLSW uses the RCON access of a server (which you should PW lock and IP whitelist anyways, check allied mods guides etc).

Answeer : The server are protected with Unique Login and Unique Password to server files and rcon. Completely different password. And yes we have change it all again.
  5. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

you need to install some protection, that only white-listed IP's can connect to RCON....
  6. [OBC] Oliver. ¤{Norway}¤

Steam:
    That's not the point at all here. The point is that a TF2OP Admin Hacket our servers.

The server are protected with Unique Login and Unique Password to server files and rcon. Completely different password. And yes we have change it all again all over again on our servers.

That should be good enought. But i see your point about the white-list to prevent hacking like this. We are looking into that at the moment.

But a TF2OP Admin should know better then this. Hacking other servers and mess up other servers like he did, or even making attempts to hack servers like this.

I have run [OBC] servers for over 2 years now, and never experiense a Admin from others communety did or try to attempt to do something like this before.
  7. HelenAngel

HelenAngel Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:8627755
    What would be the motive behind him doing this?

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  8. Regen

Regen New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:23013129
    I got loads, anyways

There are loads of flaws in your story, first off you didn't change ur rcon password for about 1-2 years. Only reason I have it is because you told me to backup ur server, guess what the first lines in the server.cfg is.
    Melkor likes this.
  9. Huwarf

Huwarf New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25059158
    The day you left we changed every login and password there was to a new one.
    The first line in the server.cfg is "|// Team Fortress 2 Server Configuration File, To be used with TF2 only!" without ".

// Huwarf
  10. Regen

Regen New User

Steam:
    *facepalm* Go read and read some wiki on what an RCON password is.

I said LINES
  11. Evanescence

Evanescence New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:19459148

Still, that would be like if you were disabling Steamguard and giving the password of your account randomly to everyone.
  12. [OBC] Oliver. ¤{Norway}¤

Steam:
    All of this post from Regen is not the point at all here. The point is that Regen as TF2OP Admin Hacket our servers.
    Banned all moderators and Admins at our servers. The steam_id and ip adress does match the steam profile to Regen. 100% match!

So the fact that he did this, and how is nothing to discuss at all. I just want other to see how he behave and react to a ban from our servers.
    All the unnecessary coments and posts from Regen on this post or on other sites, is nothing i will or let my Admins to get engaged or argue with him on.

I just want the facts out, check the log files and see for your self people.

And just beware of Regen for the future people:

1. Dont give him controll over your servers.
    2. Dont let him be trustet in your commuenty.
    3. Dont let him in on your servers or system for any reason.
    4. Dont let him be trustet in your commuenty.
    5. Dont let him be a part of your trusted Admins, and give him knowledge how to run servers like we did.

He will soon or later probably turn the back to you. Abuse this knowledge and info against you , then things doenst turn he`s way like he did with our communety. Remember Regen is just 16 years young boy. He behave act like someone at that age, so seams not to have mutch experience in life.

I have no intention to discuss this furhter back and forward and with replys all over the forum here enymore. I got the info and the warning out about he`s behaviour and servers hack attack with the attention to destroy for others servers. In this case he`s old communety he is no further part of enymore.

I just let the log. files and the unnecessary coments and posts from Regen on this post speak for it self.

[OBC] Oliver.

D2Girls and Chaos like this.
  13. Regen

Regen New User

Steam:
    Oh snap! lets all trust the guy who first hands out evidence that speaks against him!
    Oh and he also steals maps A+

RUN PEOPLE I WILL HACKET YUR SERVERS AND RAEP UR WEBSIDES
    all your base are belong to us
  14. Xenophobia

Xenophobia Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:20973413
    Oh God, I can't stop laughing. The spelling errors are killing me, I'm gonna fall out of my chair.

Watch out guys, this admin is hacket servers! Don't trustet him in your commuenty! Don't give him controll of your servers enymore. You can trust me, I'm some creepy guy who runs these weird as hell clans!
  15. Evanescence

Evanescence New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:19459148
    I actually felt off my chair, hence why you posted that before me. He might be Norvegian, but damm i'm way younger than him and seems i learned my English way faster...

p-

- Is being 16 years old make someone immature?
    - Is being 30 years old make someone more mature than the 16 years old?
    - Why you never changed your server pass for so long?
    - Why you never used the whitelisting for access?
    - What would be his point to do this?
    - Why you never do backup of the servers stuff on regular basis so you could easily put it back online i something happen?

Why you stick on TF2OP argument? You could also make an entire story about that? Nothing prove the log is unmodified either?

Answer my question please.

And BTW, you should ALWAYS backup your servers stuffs, no matter which admins you have, that's to the owner responsibility to backup the server.

If you babysitting a fat kid, are you gonna blame yourself for not watching it or your gonna blame the cookie he was trying to get before faceplanting on the floor and bleeding to death?
  16. Huwarf

Huwarf New User

Steam:
    We do change pass and do backups.
  17. Huwarf

Huwarf New User

Steam:
    Making fun of someones english isn't really adult behavioury.
  18. Huwarf

Huwarf New User

Steam:
    Well the logs speaks for themself, Regen.
  19. Regen

Regen New User

Steam:
    Sure they do, but its funny how you are saying that you are changing passwords regularly when i used the rcon password that was in my 1 year old backup of the server
    DataStorm likes this.
  20. Xenophobia

Xenophobia Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:20973413
    lol okay

You have [YBC] in your name, all of your arguments mean nothing.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.