1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Thanks for nothing

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Cannon Fodder (200), Nov 30, 2015.

1. Cannon Fodder (200)

Cannon Fodder (200) New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:61479473
    After reporting being scammed I have had a response from steam rep saying they dont deal with cd or game code scams which is all well and good but i mentioned neither in my report only wallet funds, the same scam as reported by several other people in a month about the same person. Obviously it is not steam reps fault I was scammed but they could at least read the report properly even if no action is taken.
  2. Clive

Clive SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:43668349
    Wallet code scams are treated the same as cd key scams here, since they are essentially the same thing. The only difference is the product being received (which makes no difference to us). The reason these are not accepted is because it is nearly or completely impossible to prove the trade on our end since we cannot tell if a code that was sent was activated before the trade, if it was activated like the agreement was intended and the reporter is lying, if the code was not valid, etc. The only real exception is if no code was ever given or someone gives a code that is obviously fake (ie "ok the wallet code is: 1-800-U-GOT-SCAMMED, enjoy"). In your report, the moderator handling the report used a pre-written message for cd key scams. We don't have one specifically for wallet scams, but cd scams are, as I said before, essentially the same thing (its still a key), so the message still applies.

I didn't read the other reports against that user, but from yours you said you did not have any evidence of the trade agreement, so the moderator would have to archive your report. Again, this is only for your report, since I didn't look at the other ones, but if they fall into the criteria I mentioned above they could be looked at by us, otherwise they would not be able to.
  3. Cannon Fodder (200)

Steam:
    Thank you for clarifying the response to my initial report, however the issue still exists that I never received the code as the moment the initial trade took place I was blocked from communication by the other party. If you read the other reports they all experienced a similar outcome.
  4. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    There is nothing we can do to help you though. We have lots of reports that come thru similar but we don't know if you did get the code....for all we know you did and you filed a claim saying you didn't. Maybe you are honest maybe you didn't really get it - can you prove it? Can you really prove you didn't get a legit code from this person? Can you prove you didn't get a good code from this person and a bad one from someone else and have them mixed up?

So many what if's here that this is why we can't accept this type of report.

I suggested reporting the user to Valve - that is all you can do at this point since we can not help you.
  5. Cannon Fodder (200)

Steam:

Thank you again for responding to me. As regarding reporting the user to Valve I did that at the same time as I reported the user to you and as yet have received no response from them. How to prove my claim? Well my steam wallet is empty, my trade history shows I have received nothing in the way of any code good or bad and as previously stated this user has done this to others recently, a fact I knew nothing about until I submitted my report. As for my honesty in this regard I can understand your point of view however why would I lie? All I want is my item back and this person prevented from scamming others as gullible as me.
  6. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    We like to think everyone is honest - but that isn't the world we live in sadly. I've seen users use codes on alternate accounts or other accounts for a family member. There are a ton of different ways this could go...at the end of the day we just can't accept those reports and there isn't much more we can do. Sorry
    Katpolice and Penguin The Fluffy like this.
  7. Cannon Fodder (200)

Steam:
    So no one does anything, more people lose items the way I have and the winner is? Victory for the scammers.
    What a shame.
    Still I can hope Valve will intervene but I wont hold my breath.
  8. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Believe it or not, there are people out there submitting bogus reports to get people marked either in retaliation for something, as blackmail, or whatever other motives they have. That's not speculation. We have to scrutinize reports and ensure a certain standard of evidence before issuing a tag. That means, if you don't have proper evidence, then the report won't be accepted. In the case of codes, including Steam wallet codes, it's not usually possible to definitively prove whether someone scammed.
  9. Cannon Fodder (200)

Steam:
    Sorry for not responding sooner but a major pc failure has kept me away, now believe it or not the user I reported is messaging me again saying he is sorry but his account was hacked(again!) he will pay me $100 plus the value of any australium I trade with him. Why is this allowed to continue to happen I though but came up with an idea, why dont you at steamrep trade with him? see how he operates his scam and get your proof that way.
  10. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    We don't trade users to prove or disprove a report or users guilt. I suggest you report the user to Valve and let them handle it.
  11. Cannon Fodder (200)

Steam:
    I have reported them to valve when this first happened but as yet I have received no response, I have no idea how long this will take is there any way of finding out what is happening if anything? Thankyou for your patience with me over this issue.
  12. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    We have no way of knowing anything Valve does. You may report and never see a response or never see any action taken....its up to them.