1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

The report section needs a better handle on time and latest posts

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by gukingofheart, Aug 4, 2013.

1. gukingofheart

gukingofheart New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:49222635
    If replying to a thread creates delays, then a new system/method is needed.
    A simple solution would be to autolock a thread whenever the owner of the thread makes a reply, and is reopened if additional info is needed.

It's so annoying when I wonder when staff will look at a thread, I reply to ask, and then it gets sent to the back of the pile just because I asked or posted some new info.
    ----------------------
    Can you fix this please..so often I have reports that gets ignored for like 6 months or more!
  2. VenGanZa

VenGanZa User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32312479
    Hrmm, if it is the case that any additional post causes a thread to lose it place in the queue, then certainly some way to remedy this would be useful, I mean if someone happens to post something and "bump" some poor guy's thread pushing it back, I doubt they would be happy about it.

Not exactly sure what SR does to mitigate this, perhaps they will enlighten us, I am sure they are well aware of things.
  3. Scooty Puff Jr.

Scooty Puff Jr. New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:34050552
    It wouldn't be efficient because if the OP needs to add information that he forgot, he can not now due to a lock, thus causing more delays.
  4. Gamma032

Gamma032 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:42303924
    A system where the topic doesn't get reset on a new post?
  5. gukingofheart

gukingofheart New User

Steam:
    ^Exactly.
    This is what we need.
    It would be nice if the report section did not bump posts to the top by default(maybe as a separate checkbox or a mod option)
  6. gukingofheart

gukingofheart New User

Steam:
    BTW, when is a report considered too old? I know some reports where it's been a month or a bit more and still not handled.
  7. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

once a request for more info is done by a mod or admin, and its not added within 2 weeks, we close the report. If the report is having enough info, then its never too old.
  8. gukingofheart

gukingofheart New User

Steam:
    So if a year goes by and a scammer is not marked, then it's not too old? o_O
  9. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    No different than someone robbing a bank 10,20, even 50 years ago and just now getting reported and caught - theft is theft no matter how long ago it was... use some common sense man!
  10. gukingofheart

gukingofheart New User

Steam:
    Wasn't talking about the scam time length, talking about the report.

^ But if a man is accused of theft, and it takes them 50 years to get to find the man guilty/no guilty..wouldn't you say that's screwed up?
  11. Penguin The Fluffy

Penguin The Fluffy Articus Birdicus Defenderus Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:10455403
    It is, but here is something mindblowing. It actually happens. Maybe not to 50 years but some criminals don't stand trial for their actions until decades after the fact.
  12. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:32783182

That's generally only the case for murder and rape, though. If I steal a dollar from someone i won't be punished 50 years later, :p. Otherwise the Statute of limitations may run out.