1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

There are not enough answers!

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Mad Moxxi (new acc), Jun 23, 2013.

1. Mad Moxxi (new acc)

Mad Moxxi (new acc) New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:67550477
    I created http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/76561198059898522-light-ball.34703 this report. Admin said its accepted. But still there are no answers.

1. What happend that bastard Light Ball?
    2. Can I return my items?
    3. WHy its happened in the first place? How they changed my email account?
    4. How they bypassed steam guard code (5 digit string)
    5. Isn't it Steam Guard problem!? Because of that I lost my items right!? Then why cant I at least return my items!?
    6. How can i return my account?
  2. Hitman Sparky

Hitman Sparky User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:13772726
    To sum things up for you
    1) He has a shiny red Scammer tag
    2) What do you mean? Him to return your items?
    3) They stole your credentials. They possibly also got access to your email account aswell. Better change your password
    4) You cannot 'bypass' the Steam Guard code they have in place. Each time there is a random one generated. They may have gotten an email themselves getting the code
    5) No, it is not Steam Guard's problem. Not to be rude, but you need to distinguish between real and fake Steam links.
    6) If you sent a support ticket, please be patient for them to get your account back.

Please read
    http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/guide-to-prevent-hijacking.5437/
    http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/general-steam-client-security-considerations.17365/
    http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/how-to-get-your-gifts-items-back-revoke-scammers.4565/
    Sari likes this.
  3. Mad Moxxi (new acc)

Steam:
    I got scammed before. Someone used renamed courier for scam me. I didn't know that and agreed trade. I understand that I agreed trade, so steam don't return my items. But in this case its different right? I didn't agreed that trade, its just my account stolen and trade made by without me. And SteamRep already accepted it as stolen account crime. I still hoping Steam return my items. Steam can check that my stolen accounts trading history right? Somebody please talk to me. Right now, I'm really depressed and need some answers.
  4. Mad Moxxi (new acc)

Steam:
    Its just I'm really depressed now. I'm not rude one actually. its just, i cant say how much i'm depressed now. My email account and steam account passwords are different. I use Gmail. I just checked my email login history. No suspicious IP here. All access from my IP. I dont think they accessed my email. How they bypasswd that 5 char string code :(
  5. Mad Moxxi (new acc)

Steam:
    Do you know any history that steam returned items? On somthing like this case? Please understand me, it was my whole 3 months work.
  6. Mad Moxxi (new acc)

Steam:
    And what is that tag? You said "He has a shiny red Scammer tag". What is it mean? I'm almost new in Steam. Can he play games by Steam? Can he buy something from steam? Can he do trade?
  7. Sari

Sari Helpful Member

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:50710336
    https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=9958-MJDG-3003

Since this is your 1st time getting hijacked, Steam Support should grant back your items and your account.

That means he's banned from most trading servers/sites.
  8. Mad Moxxi (new acc)

Steam:
    I'm really appreciate your answer. You talking with me, this hard time. And your answer giving me some hopes. I already created ticket and still waiting. What should I do else?
  9. Sari

Sari Helpful Member

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:50710336
    All you can really do now is wait for their answer. I highly suggest that you be careful of fake links next time, because if you fall for this again, you won't get your items back.
  10. Hitman Sparky

Hitman Sparky User

Steam:
    There is really no way people can 'bypass' the Steam guard PIN code that they give you. Since you said earlier there has been no other change in the IP's which have been logging in and out of your Email, then that leads me that you might have been compromised as in infected via Keylogger or another form of monitering tool
  11. Mad Moxxi (new acc)

Steam:
    Yes I know, i fallen into Fake URL (fishing site). Its my fault. But still I wondering, how they changed my email? How they know that random generated 5 char strings?
  12. Hitman Sparky

Hitman Sparky User

Steam:
    Please read the post I written above
  13. Mad Moxxi (new acc)

Steam:
    [​IMG]

Its my email login history. There are only one IP at least last 2 days. And I didn't installed anything malicous. There are no keylogger on my laptop. I'm absolutely sure on it :(
  14. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:5712733
    There may be some confusion here--- these forums right here and the site Steamrep is NOT affiliated with Valve Software and cannot prevent people from doing anything on Steam.

If you need to discuss this issue with Valve / official Steam Support, you must submit a ticket via Steam Support: https://support.steampowered.com/newticket.php

This site (SteamRep) just helps the community by warning/marking scammers. We can't control Steam or Valve and can't give items back. We're a volunteer organization.
  15. Mad Moxxi (new acc)

Steam:
    Ok, I see. Btw I created ticket there. Still waiting answer.
  16. Mad Moxxi (new acc)

Steam:
    Hello all. I trying create new ticket with "hijack, stolen account" issue. But its asking something related CD keys. I dont have that. I never purchased game. I just received DotA2 invite and play that. I never used steam wallet. What should I do now?
  17. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

reply that. tell how you got your game(s) on your account. also, find in your gmail the first valve mail and make a screenshot of the activation of your steam account email. post that on steam support. (NOT here)

as for how they got on your account, they gained probably access to your account by you logging into a fake steam login site, that asked you for:
    - Login name
    - Password
    - And subsequently to "activate" your browser with the SteamGuard code.

A Bot then tried logged into steam with your credentials and did its malicious work.