1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

These forums are a joke

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by gukingofheart, Dec 24, 2017.

1. gukingofheart

gukingofheart New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:49222635
    Submitted GREAT reports 3 years ago, and now they are being looked at.
    I could care less now a days.. I suggested way back then, scrap those old reports and focus on now!
    If you guys would of did that, you might of had a decent forum.. but nope, you guys took on a bunch of garbage, fell way behind, and your site became a total joke!

So glad I quit the trading business long ago!
    I also wish your site never ever existed, as I could made more money back in the day, and lived off of trading, but you morons forced us to BG check every stupid trader, which slowed things down.

Goodbye!
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    I came across one of your old ones (invalid too since we don't take reports about selling of accounts) and you're gonna complain when reports have been kept up with for the last 2 years.. we are currently at ONLY 1 PAGE of active reports..... 1 PAGE.....

and for anyone wanting to read that report here ya go
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/report.63961/
  3. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Given you knew this was well outside our investigative policy but posted anyway to have "a record for the future", I don't think this type of report qualifies as "great", but to each his own.
    [​IMG]
    Our approach to handling the report backlog is, as I've explained publicly multiple times, to prioritize newer reports - because they're more likely actively scamming - over older ones where the accused's account is often abandoned, and handling those will be of little benefit to the community. Furthermore, we specifically state on the report form that we make no guarantee each report will be addressed.

As we work through the backlog, I can see that an admin just got to one or more of your reports in the past few minutes. But now you're complaining that we reviewed it? I'm not sure I understand your rationale here.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    And you're upset because you wanted to make extra profit by trading with scammers? Which (if not done systematically) is now technically not bannable on its own?
  4. gukingofheart

gukingofheart New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:49222635
    3 years ago! (Also, that was the second report you're talking about... either way, should not take 3 years to look at a report)
    You made it OK to trade with scammers, at the time when trading values plummeted.
    Should of always allowed this, instead of constantly threatening me not to trade with scammers in 2012, 2013, and 2014... when the profit was really good!

Odds are, I did trade with a few way back then.. got some good deals. Passed up other good deals after you hinted back then, that you will most likely will get marked.
    $50+ in goods, down the drain because of you guys!
    Say what you need to say, then close this thread, unless if you want other members to give their thoughts to!
  5. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    For someone that posts about trading safety you don't seem very concerned at all with helping scammers trade off what they stole from others in the name of "good profit".

As for reports that have aged -there are many that are old yes most of which are and let me break it down based on what I've gone thru so far with regards to those pre-2017.

*** 80% are just junk as in invalid for various reasons including that one today that seems to have given you notification that it was replied to. Those various reasons include new policies or even old ones but see the reports were coming in so quick at that time with limited resources that those on staff weren't able to keep up but as already said - the report form itself states we make no guarantee that the report will be even reviewed let alone completed.
    ***5% may be legit and have active users on both the victim/accused side which every so often one of those users do something to have the report drift back into the spot light..same as any of those 90% I already talked about.
    ***15% left are of already tagged users or those that were community banned a long time ago and pose no more threat or at the most for SteamRep - not a thing more we can do to them once tagged.

Now back to that 80%.... you see many reports were just made so fast and without a care in the world that evidence wasn't done properly (cropped or edited screenshots) makes the report either super hard to review or invalid. Some reports were done just to make a report...I see it all the time. The OP says "I make report just in case" and there is no such thing as just in case so they just throw something on the description or flood it cause of the character limit and then add in a picture of a car or screenshot of spongebob, maybe even a random chat on skype which is all unacceptable.
    So as you can see that 5% that may be legit - well if they are still active and we have something that shows up ( and it happens often) then we spot it and work it.

As of the last TWO years all reports have been responded to or completed review by either accepted/invalid/archived/rejected results.
    If the Op gets asked for additional evidence and then abandons the report and never replies/follows up (Which happens ALL THE TIME... and I mean ALL THE TIME) then the report is archived for lack of follow up usually within a weeks time frame sometimes faster..it just varies on the condition of the report and what we request. They can always remake the report if they disappear beyond that and just add in what was requested. It would be nice if users making a new report at least kept tabs on it for say the first two weeks after its creation as it would certainly avoid us wasting time that could be used to clean up some more of those older ones.

Feel free to take a look at the reports section.
    https://forums.steamrep.com/forums/report/
    I see only 23 current reports at this time waiting on a reply or some kinda follow up...or less than 1 page.
    There are a bunch of pre-2017 reports but I already covered in a percentage breakdown as to what they involve.