1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

This world is a dark place..

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Nathidraws, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Nathidraws

Nathidraws New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:217004661
    I can't believe I'm saying this but it's true. I was scammed.

I never thought it would happen.. I even made a report here but it got declined.

Thank God I now know their steam account.

But yeah.. don't fall for people who make an alt discord account saying they accidentally reported your account.

If someone does message you about something like that, talk to the actual steam support team using the steam website,
    and not another discord user pretending to be an admin called jmccaskey..

I fell for it, they somehow tricked me and made me give them... a worrying amount of money..

Honestly after the report was taken down I kinda lost motivation to report them here.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2020
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    I've hidden that ID - this is not where to reference others for something of any issue like a report made or not made.
    Also your report was INVALID as it was clearly related to hijacking and for all you know you are reporting an innocent user that never had control of their account at that time.
    This is rather common - someone uses an account they stole control of to take yet control of others and so on. You just never know so that is why we do not review these reports here and reference you back to Valve to report there.
  3. Nathidraws

Nathidraws New User

Steam:
    You could be right..
    They could have took the account off of somebody.

But why would they use it to play games..
    I don't have 100% proof that that's his account.. but who would?

It's a difficult thing to be 100% sure on.
  4. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Doesn't matter at this point - this is why we do not review those reports since we do not know if anyone else is in control of the account and we would only be tagging some innocent user that already lost their account.
    So report any such thing to Valve - anything to do with Hacking/phishing/API stealing/anything of that nature goes to them not here.
  5. Nathidraws

Nathidraws New User

Steam:
    Alright. Thank you.
  6. Nathidraws

Nathidraws New User

Steam:
    Hey.. what about if that account has used a bot to make fake comments saying +rep?

17 comment pages of it.. Lol
    All on the same day. Very suspicious..

Attached Files:

7. Horse

SteamRep Admin: